Ulver's Folk Masterpiece

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
I'm a big fan of folk music and folk rock, and I knew little about Ulver but someone told me they made an album of just folk music. I was interested and I actually found some samples (short 30 second samples) on www.samgoody.com and the music was beautiful! I didn't even really hear the bulk of it!

For those that are fans of Ulver, this and the first albums...would you consider them essentials in Norwegian metal?

As a work of art the 3rd album in the "Trilogie," "Nattens Madrigal," is probably the most impressive. It's somewhat painful, but any good art about the "wolf" in man shouldn't be an easy listen. My favorite of theirs is "Themes from William Blake's...", though.

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
I'm a big fan of folk music and folk rock, and I knew little about Ulver but someone told me they made an album of just folk music. I was interested and I actually found some samples (short 30 second samples) on www.samgoody.com and the music was beautiful! I didn't even really hear the bulk of it!

For those that are fans of Ulver, this and the first albums...would you consider them essentials in Norwegian metal?
Ulver are considered secondary in Norwegian scene, but I personally consider them at the same level with Darkthrone, Mayhem, Immortal, Satyricon, Burzum...