Neo-Folk / Dark / Ambient genres

Demilich said:
Fejd has beeb discussed a couple of times around here haven't they?

How do you pronounce that? Is it anything similar to "fade"?
I have no idea, but this girl in my class always pronounces it like "Edge":

"Fedge'd" or something like that.

i haven't heard all of nighttime nightrhymes but they're much in the same style

some of the newer stuff (sonnenheim) is less melancholy unfortunately

not that i've heard that either in its entirety! i need to buy all stuff by this band but i can wholeheartedly recommend the two i do have

i'd definitely go so far as to say that emptiness:emptiness:emptiness and lucifer are at least on a level with n.n., in some ways far superior. he was definitely still honing his craft with nightrhymes, and seems to have settled into a bit of a rut on the 2nd and 3rd albums (not in the bad way).

does he call the first 3 albums a trilogy? i think the move away from some of the depressing themes on 'sonnenheim' had been planned for a while?

i don't have sonnenheim yet, and have only heard a few songs, but i will.

Doom said:
old post from 2 years ago, blah blah blah

Wow, I remember around this time being really into this sort of stuff, and being really interested in hearing new bands. I really love all the good stuff I already own in these genres, but after a while it just gets BORING and I need to listen to some metal, anyone agree? There's only so much I can listen to, and I totally have to be in the right mood otherwise I literally can't get through a whole CD. I can't imagine how anyone could listen to these genres exclusively.