Who like Neo-Folk Music?

comtely

New Metal Member
May 28, 2006
Hello!Everybody,I come From China.In our country, Rock Music is only enjoyed by minority.They Like Pop!funking POP!these years,I like Dark Music.like Neo-Folk,Neo-Classic,Dark Folk,Dark Wave,Mediaeval,Gothic and so on.I like Neo-Folk Best...I like Tenhi,All My Faith Lost,Neutral......
So 2 years ago,I Forming My First Neo-Folk Band named Bloody Woods.And now one of our new projects named "Women in the hole" has been finished. Here is one piece of our works called "Flower Pool". Hopefully you would love it. Thanks! This Is The Song:http://www.musicmoon.com/folk/pool.mp3.
We are doing our best to sing our songs in the shallow culture atmosphere .....

Lyrics:

I close to you ,
my virgin maliry.
At the Flower Pool,
it's a place of my love.
There's no distance bettween you and me,
I taste your breath and feel your heart-bleeding.
In the moonlight you were cold and holy,
I can't stopped my feet walked up to you.
Can you feel my feet had tired and hurts,
can you hear the song I sing it for you.

long time ago I looked for my fate,
I told the old stories in the moutains and woods.
I felt suffering, hunger and cold ,
my confused body mazed again and again.
Can you tell me how I choose my life,
I can see the sad in your clear eyes.
In The Flower Pool so silent night,
the lake of sorrow full of my tears.

A lonely singer destine his life on the road.
But Maliry my goddess how I leave from yourside.

I feel sorry for the guy. My background is chinese too.

If there is one good piece of advice I could give you comtely; it's this: don't try to do lyrics in english if you don't have good mastery over the language, or you'll just come off as a joke. Do it in the original chinese. even if it doesn't get as much exposure otherwise.

Virgin maliry...

Reminds me of when Argument Soul came to Australia and had special tour shirts made up to sell, reading:

"Argument Soul 2005 AUSTLARIAN TOUR"

Yeah, we fucking get it. He's not so great when communicating in an unfamiliar language. Try writing a song in Chinese or shut the hell up, because it's just stupid.

I downloaded this a few days ago (and it took a while), and since I'm such a sweet guy, I'm gonna upload it somewhere people actually may get it:

http://rapidshare.de/files/21750327/pool.mp3.html

It's actually quite good! I was very pleasantly surprised when I heard it! Very nice melody, and it has a soothing nature, which I like A LOT! I'd very much like to hear more, comtely!

I do, however, agree, though, that you should definately write your lyrics in your native language. That way, it sounds more genuine and "excotic", if you will. True lovers of the genre won't let such a petty barrier stand in their way of discovering your music, anyway. And perhaps you can make a website where you can offer an english translation, for those who's interested!