Neo-Folk / Dark / Ambient genres

Møøse, I've finally listened to some of those CDRs you sent me ages ago, and hence choose to do a bit of bumpin' since FORSETI rules very much indeed. Though I'm not so sure about Current 93 or Der Blutharsch which were also inclued in the package. The first sounded silly and too goofy and Track of the Hunted had very strange production; should the vocals be very low in the mix or is it some sort of faggotry with the rip or similar?

That's the way it's supposed to sound, I think. That Der Blutharsch album rules though, does it not?

I imagine that I have dozens of recommendations to append to this thread by now.

I'm not actually sure what this dark folk ambient thing is
I listen to quite a bit of ambient stuff these days, mostly dark
and some has folky and ethnic styles incorporated
...scene dunce?...
reckon I need to move in with mr moose for a month or so for an education in obscurity

yeah so I've just downloaded a bunch of Karjalan Sissit albums and I've been listening to them all evening. The rest of the material is comparable to say... Triarii meets In Slaughter Natives.... in Finnish.

MajestikMøøse;5633197 said:
yeah so I've just downloaded a bunch of Karjalan Sissit albums and I've been listening to them all evening. The rest of the material is comparable to say... Triarii meets In Slaughter Natives.... in Finnish.

Karjalan Sisset is really good.

Ambient/martial

A Nordvargr project (MZ.412, Nordvargr, Folkstorm, some Merzbow collaborations and stuff)

A little less orchestral than Karjalan Sissit or Triarii though

I can't stop listening to Current 93 (Thunder Perfect Mind, All the Pretty Little Horses, Of Ruine or Some Blazing Starre) lately.

I blame the jews almost exclusively for this.