I'll take an order Metal with a side of Folk please.

I suppose Vintersorg is a 'take it or leave it' kind of guy, but I must admit, I do like his clean vox. Thing is, he needs to know when to refrain and his recent musical directions have just seemed out of whack. His influence on the new Borknagar is a bit too obvious, but had it been released a few years ago, I think I would have liked it more.

Funnily enough, that seems to be a common element across Vintersorg, Simen Hestnaes, and Lazare to me. They all have similar'ish clean vocal styles, but because they're all such theatrical/dramatic singers, the less is more approach would go down a treat.

symposium_lexotanil said:
i have NO IDEA what you are talkin about,but this guy sounds incredibly gay to me anyway.especially in borknagar (compared sadly to garm and simen and always thinking about the fact that LAZARE is in the band.)

haven't heard any of his work in borknagar, but i feel inclined to agree with you regardless

i was refering to his first two solo albums, and the mcd in particular

Doomcifer said:
Early Ulver

If you liked Ulver's Natterns Madrigal then check out Folkloric Necro Metal by Sort Vokter which was formally a side project of Ildjarn of Emperor and Thou Shalt Suffer.

IOfTheStorm said:
Except the ones mentioned, Waylander (dont remember the title of the album had the word "tears" in it i think) are good.
doomcifer said:
I'll try and locate it. Thanks!!
Any luck with this? I've just been on a Skyclad haul, and Waylander gets mentioned quite a bit in reference. According to reviews, their first album is like Cruachan/Primordial and their second is like Sabbath/Skyclad.

Perhaps J. might know, since he's into the Irish scene?