An Introduction and a request of sorts...

Vox Stellarum said:
as for Death, i personally feel Symbolic would be a better start since the songs are more coherent...and well, better :p...

I oersonally feel that "Sounds of Perseverance" is one their worse albums, but it's easily the catchiest and the easiest to get into. "Human" is their best! :kickass:

Well, thank you for all your excellent recommendations.

All of you that posted in the first 16 posts, I've looked into all the bands that you suggested. I found the following: Finntroll, Falkenbach, Enslaved, At The Gates, Amon Amarth, and Carcass. Of them, I love Carcass, At The Gates, and Amon Amarth. Enslaved is pretty good too. I couldn't find any of the other bands.

However, after repeated listening, I just couldn't get into Finntroll and Falkenabch.

So I have:
Carcass-Heartwork
At The Gates-Slaughter Of The Soul
Amon Amarth-Assorted Albums, some tracks off Isa, etc.
Enslaved-Assorted Albums.

All of you fomr Post #17 and down, I'm busy checking out the bands that you recommended right now (that means, Gaurdian, Darkane, and Sacrilege).

I'll be giving Technical Metal a try as well, but not today (time issues stop me from doing so). Based on what I liked, any more reccommendations?

Thanks so much for your time and responses!

Isa is an Enslaved album.

You should have no problem finding stuff by The Chasm, ISIS or Mastodon. Which program are you using to find these mp3s?

Sorry, I meant "off" Isa. I'm using Limewire. I found some tracks (and I've already got some Mastadon, which didn't click with me too much either). I think I need to update the album though.

Hmmm, I'll check it out. Thanks. Hmm, I'm slightly confused as to how it works. Could someone please tell me/give me a quick overview?

Well...this is assuming you're not behind a firewall. If your music is organized, set it up under settings to share that folder. Then you'll need to join some hubs. Go to file>quick connect, and try these:

grindcore.no-ip.org
metal-gods.dyndns.org

DC++ is based on sharing, so you search hubs. You can't just search across everyone like on other networks, you have to share stuff yourself. The minimum is 5GB, which I believe the two I listed are (at least the first one). You shouldn't have any problems if your files are organized and you're not behind a firewall. If you are, then you can still get it to work, but it'll take a bit more effort.

Ok, thanks, I got it working now. Though metal-gods.dyndns.org isn't working for me. But the other one is. I'll play with it a bit and search some stuff.

EDIT: Right, I'm not able to get any search results, but I can connect to the hubs. I read the FAQ and it didn't help to much. Any ideas?

change your settings to 'passive mode'. i think that helped me one time.

the path would be file>settings then it should be on the first tab.

can't guarantee it, but it may work.

Necromortis said:
EDIT: Right, I'm not able to get any search results, but I can connect to the hubs. I read the FAQ and it didn't help to much. Any ideas?

I have this problem a lot. If you have a dynamic IP address (some ISPs like Verizon, for me, do it) you will need to put your IP address in every time you turn DC++ on after having rebooted or turned on the computer. Or just change to passive, but it totally sucks, so if you can find your IP, do that primarily.

How would I go about putting my IP address in? I know where I can find it, and my computer gets shut down every night.

where in california? i used to live near sacramento. if youre anywhere near sac/the bay area, look out for a band called SAROS. you wont be dissapointed
~gR~

I live in the Bay Area, about 45 minutes from San Francisco, basically pretty near Palo Alto.

I tried searching after inputing my IP Address, and it still didn't come up with stuff. Then I tried passive and a few search results came up, but passive sucks . Any help with the IP Address? Sorry if I sound totally helpless :p

Yeah, I've got a router. How do I turn it off for DC++? It seems that it might be easier to just use Limewire :)