Some new, noteworthy STELLAR WINTER releases

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
Krynitza "The Leaves of Life" -- Good, somber Russian folk type stuff. Label says "KRYNITZA brings you unto the journey to the mythic russian woods, deserted shores of the northern seas and the snowclad tombs of the pagan winter. For those into TENHI, OF THE WAND & THE MOON, EMPYRIUM, ORPLID."

Velimor "In the Ruin of the Golden Dream" -- Nice russian midpaced folk metal with flutes and stuff. Riffing is a bit death metal influenced, goodstuff

Ancestors' Blood "Ancestors' Blood" -- Marksveld should take note... Finnish pagan metal that sounds kinda like early Dimmu Borgir. Very thin and weird production, but atmospheric... Try it

Slow Russian server alert, but all three of these MP3's are worth getting...

Erik, have you heard Somnium Mortuum ?

somniummortuum_eternalsleep.jpg

Kinda like Skepticism meets Pagan BM.

speaking of Stellar Winter: has anyone heard Moloth - By Wing of Black ?

I see it popping up in a few respectable distributions here and there so I infer that it just might be ok.

Erik said:
you know what it REALLY sounds like though

empyrium circa "songs of moors and misty fields", only played slower at times
*ears and boner stand at attention*

any samples? :)

Sounds interesting, I'm downloading the Krynitza track right now at an amazing 13k/sec, which perhaps is pretty acceptable. The connection here at the university is pretty cool, I downloaded those Somnium tracks at 1,4mb/sec :D

(*tries vainly to compensate the fact of not having an internet connection at home*)

Well, I must agree, but they're rather different in style too, I find the comparison somewhat unfair... Krynitza intrigued me anyway