What are some good new releases?

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
What new stuff have people picked up as of late?

I have gotten a bunch in the past few weeks...

Folkearth "Drakkars In The Mist" - great folk metal with tons and tons of members from all over the globe. Thier first disc was decent...suffered from really bad production, then the second release was almost like a whole different band...great production and great songs, I havent had a chance to listen to this yet...I am hoping that it is more of the same as the last one.

Slough Feg "Hardworlder" - I hope this disc is bette than the cover art. I like Slough Feg...I think Traveler is thier best, thought Avatism was just OK. I havent heard many good things about this disc, I am hoping that it stays with the style of Traveler.

Black Messiah "Of Myths And Legends" - viking/folk/black metal. Listened to a few tracks online and talked to this crazy Russian at Metal haven and I gave it a try and it is really great heavy shit.

Almah - Edu Falaschi - Angra's singer solo disc. Really good but not much different that the current Angra stuff. I always love when singers do their solo albums and it sounds just like the band they are in.

Turisas - "The Varangian Way" - This was the disc I have been waiting for. Not disappointed at all...epic as all hell. Tons of great songs. It reminds me of a barbaric Bal-Sagoth minus the talking. I dont think this beats out "Battle Metal", thier last one but still close. Very solid from start to finish.

Saidian - "Phoenix" great power metal...sure it is far from original. basically this is a Edguy clone...and when I mean clone...I could play this disc and tell people it is the new Edguy and no one would even question it. Very solid release but not very original. If you love Powermetal..worth checking out.

Messiah's Kiss - "Dragonheart" very good catchy heavy power metal. It was an impulse buy and worth every penny. Vocals are not your typical high pitched wailing, but more heavier and rougher. Reminds me of Rebellion and Nightmare. Worth checking out.

anyone else get anything worth while?

well, they were a musical group before the show existed. check youtube. I'm hoping that it's just them playing their guitars. I like the material more before it hit the show.

I didnt know they were a real act, I know the nerdy looking guy was in the film Eagle vs Shark. I think any comedy group that plays music will always be referenced as a Tenacious D rip-off, even though they were not funny to begin with. I am not surprised that HBO hasnt tried to get them shows in the US to help promote the show. HBO is in serious need of some more hit shows. They have really messed up with putting all their chips on the Sopranos and Sex in the City and not paying attention to the other shows they had on and shows they could start pushing.

they actually DID do a tour in June. if it was promoted better, I would have definitely gone. I expect them to tour again soon, anyway... the EP's coming out, then the CD in October... should be awesome

New Dark Moor is very good from what I've heard of it. Looking forward to getting the new Cruachan in. I hear its supposed to be very good.

"I hope this disc is better than the cover art." Christ, I'm glad someone feels the same way. Everywhere I go people keep saying "ZOMGS DAT COVER ART IS SO KEWL I CANO WAIT 4 DIS ALBUM OMG OMG OMG! I LUB IT!" IMO, it's the worst cover art I've seen in a while. :(

As far as the new Turisas album goes, I heard it was pretty lackluster elsewhere, but the same people also like the new Slough Feg cover, so I'll check it out for myself. The first album is truly epic, though on a couple of other forums I visit it's become in style to dislike Turisas/Folk Metal because they're popular on those particular boards.:rolleyes:

New Dark Moor is very good from what I've heard of it. Looking forward to getting the new Cruachan in. I hear its supposed to be very good.

Dark Moor's new disc is really good. I thought the last one was very weak and kinds lackluster. This one is more solid but still lots of the songs kinds blend together.

the Cruachan new disc is thier best one yet. From start to finish this thing is a piece of art.