new CD's!!!! anyone else???

Within the last month or so:

Gamma Ray - Somewhere Out In Space
-Awesome disc.

Avantasia - The Scarecrow
-It took me a while to get used to this album, but after about 20 listens-to, I have come to the conclusion that it's pretty badass.
I guess I had to get over the fact that it wasn't "The Metal Opera's".

Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus
-I have yet to get this disc and am somewhat afraid to do so....all I have heard is bad news.

Cloudscape - Global Drama
-Groovy....will have to check this out.

-Awesome disc.

-It took me a while to get used to this album, but after about 20 listens-to, I have come to the conclusion that it's pretty badass.
I guess I had to get over the fact that it wasn't "The Metal Opera's".

-I have yet to get this disc and am somewhat afraid to do so....all I have heard is bad news.

-Groovy....will have to check this out.

- Somewhere Out In Space is definitely awesome.

- The Scarecrow is growing on me. It has some really good songs and a couple of pretty bad songs.

- Tinnitus Sanctus is good, but not great. I really like Rocket Ride but I don't like the new one quite as well. (Yet?)

- Global Drama is really good. I had never heard Cloudscape before this one. My favorite songs are actually from the second half of the CD, especially Fragile and Static.

as I do like a lot of Eminem's shit.

fail2.jpg

A wedding present to myself:

Testament - Live at Eindhoven 87
Solitude Aeturnus - Beyond the Crimson Horizon
Solitude Aeturnus - Alone
Nightwish - Over the Hills and Far Away
Candlemass - Death Magic Doom
These Are They - Who Manifest EP

Oh, it was a bit more eloquent...haha...something like "what's with all this power metal fantasy faggotry"...not 100% if he used "faggotry", but it was along those lines. It was hilarious!! :lol:

He wasn't insulting the fans of the music, but rather the creators...basically saying you don't have to have gay fantasy lyrics to play kick ass power metal...which Kiuas certainly does!! :kickass:

Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings (3-CD version)
- Just got it last night. Played all 3 discs back to back once so far. Favorable first impressions. Gonna let it rest for now and continue to track yesterday's other purchases...

Moody Blues - Seventh Sojourn (Digital Remaster)
- Upping the (re)collection

Chris Squire - Fish Out Of Water (Deluxe Expanded Edition)
- Already have the vinyl so this is a format upgrade, + the extras

Steely Dan - Can't Buy A Thrill
Steely Dan - Pretzel Logic
Steely Dan - The Royal Scam

- Never properly appreciated the Dan b.i.t.d. Strange how that happens sometimes.

Are you just fuckin around...or is it really that good? You have me curious...as I do like a lot of Eminem's shit.

I do fuck around on UM but not in this case
I believe Eminem is a musical genius, one of my all time favorites
I must of listened to Relapse at least 100 x, its da frickn' bomb
*da bomb* is the highest rating possible in the House of La Rocque -

Dark Tranquillity re issue / re mastered CDs

DT2009_Yesterworlds

atpx05.jpg

DT2009_Re-issue_Projector

975kw3.jpg

DT2009_Re-issue_Haven

bgtm6r.jpg

DT2009_Re-issue_Damage_Done

scq9sg.jpg

I'm biased, but I have to say that the new mastering really is an improvement on the original sound. Everything has more punch and power now, especially "Projector" and "Haven".

Yes sir -