new CD's!!!! anyone else???

Getting from SKR:

Atlantean Kodex - the demos
manilla road - courts of chaos (only 1 more cd to go! lol)
hour of 13 - s/t
tyrant - legions of the dead
atrophy - socialized hate

Ever get into music listening modes, like genre-specific modes? Ever hear an old song on the radio that you don't have in your collection and you just have to stop by the nearest music retailer to pick it up? That happened to me today after work. "It's Your Thing" by The Isley Brothers came on the oldies (FM) station and I was immediately whisked back to that magical time when the music was new. How it flooded the memory with images of where I was and what I was doing when I first heard it etc, etc. Not only was it the song but even the call letters for the radio station are WLS again. Whoa, there was way too much flashback there!

ITZ YO' THANG :D

I've been in sort of a funk/R&B mode lately but anyway, besides picking up Super Hits by the Isleys I grabbed Donovan's Greatest Hits and the new Warrel Dane disc. Yeah, I'm a little late getting Praises to the War Machine, but so what. I don't download new stuff (before it's even finished?) and lately it seems I'm not anal about picking up anything new on the day, week, or month, of its official release. I really didn't think I'd find the latter disc at BB and that almost seemed the case but by a stroke of sheer chance I turned the card marked "Danger Radio" or "Dangerous Radio" or something like that (I don't remember what it was exactly) and there sat a copy of Praises... . Win!

So after having returned home the decision regarding what to play first presented itself. It always does. First, I decided to read the PttWM lyrics and liner notes first, in silence. Whoa. Hmmm...

IIITZ YO' THANG
DO WHATCHA WANNA DO NOW

"Fight the Power" is on here too, yummy. :0 I have to get this out of my system before I spin the Praises to the War Machine disc. Too many coincidences and flashbacks for one day.

CMDistro is having a big sale, i bought;

Bolt Thrower - Mercenary + Honor Valour Pride
Jag Panzer(5$ each!!) - Chain of Command + Mechanized Warfare

Over the past couple of months:

Judas Priest - Nostradamus
Brainstorm - Downburst
Rob Zombie - Zombie Live
Pyramaze - Immortal
Circle II Circle - Delusions Of Grandeur

And through the CM Distro sale I ordered:
Sahg - II
Iced Earth - Horror Show (Ltd. Ed. 2CD Digi Book)
Iced Earth - Something Wicked This Way Comes (Mini LP Reissue)
Iced Earth - The Dark Saga (Mini LP Reissue)

New:

Communic - Payment of Existence
Scar Symmetry - Holographic Universe
Crimson Glory - Transcendence remaster

Used:

Damn Yankees - s/t
Damn Yankees - Don't Tread

ordered Grand Magus - Iron Will

One listen on a download and I placed my order.

After reading a couple of reviews I listened to the 2 songs on their MySpace and that was enough for me to order it. What an excellent CD. I have been listening to it constantly.

Also ordered Candlemass - Chapter VI

The Candlemass show at the Pearl Room was awesome. It's too bad that the attendance was low. A lot of people missed a great show.

Used CD haul

King Diamond - Them
King Diamond - Conspiracy
Bruce Dickinson - The Chemical Wedding
Judas Priest - Angel of Retribution
Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss

Black Sabbath - The Rules of Hell box set, includes remastered copies of Heaven & Hell, Mob Rules, Live Evil (2 discs), Dehumanizer.

$34.99 at Best Buy this week, including a bonus disc with 5 songs from Live at Hammersmith.

Warning - The Strength to Dream + Watching from a Distance
Black Knight - S/T
BRAINFEVER - Capture The Night (1985)
DEFENDER - Remaining Tales (1987)

It is indeed a great album.

And the Candlemass show was indeed awesome. I think I saw you there. I definitely saw you at Powerfest though.

I think I saw you guys at the Candlemass show. Were you on the rail in front of Lars Johansson? I was pretty much dead center on the rail. I was only at the Testament show of PowerFest and I can't remember if I saw you there or not.

Metal Church - Metal Church

At least you'll be ready for next time, ha ha.

Fused is a good CD but I don't really listen to it very often. I really like Glenn Hughes voice on Seventh Star but I don't like it as much on this disc.

NewReleaseCard73108-1_Memoira72dpi.jpg

http://nightmare-records.com/NMR/in...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=49

NewReleaseCard73108-2_Cloudscape72d.jpg

http://nightmare-records.com/NMR/in...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=49

Another excellent sale at CM Distro:

Tad Morose - Modus Vivendi ($2.55!)
Poverty's No Crime - Save My Soul
Circle II Circle - Burden Of Truth
High On Fire - Death Is This Communion