new Thrash!!!!!!!!!!!!

It took me a very long time to get into Testament , the first album that I bought of theirs was The Gathering when it came out back in ’99. I played that cd to death, it’s such a great album and a great line up. To have Dave Lombardo play on a Testament cd was mind blowing. The next cd I got was Practice what you preach, I was expecting it to sound like The Gathering and it did not, so I was like WTF? Like I said it took a long time afterwards for me to play that cd again. It wasn’t until First Strike Still Deadly came out that I started to listen to them again. The fact that Steve Digiorgio played on that cd was reason enough to buy it, I really like how all those old songs sound on that cd. It was because of it that I eventually bought the old testament cd’s and I started to realize what a great band they were.

The first CD I got was the Signs of Chaos compilation CD, and loved it! Then I went out and got The Gathering and could not believe how much more heavy and ass-kicking it was than their old stuff. And Steve DiGiorgio is the man! :worship:

After reading everyones recommendations for some new thrash, I stooped by the local Best Buy to see what they had. The only thing they carried that was on the list was Municipal Waste. So I picked up the Art of Partying and popped it in the CD player. My first though with the opening track was it was very old school sounding - so I was liking it so far. As the CD played on, I was starting to feel that this was less thrash, and more crossover like DRI, Cro-Mags, or the Crumbsuckers. I'm not saying it was bad, but when I hear "thrash" I'm thinking Vio-Lence, old Exodus, Kreator, Destruction and the like. There wasn't a single solo on the CD and the average song length was about a minute and a half. I would consider this more crossover than thrash - but that's just my opinion.

Yeah, I have heard the same about Municipal Waste.
Sounds like a band I would have loved 20 years ago.

I still appreciate old DRI and COC, though can't say I listen to them often.

Though there is a whole new breed of metal fans to which that sound is new.

After reading everyones recommendations for some new thrash, I stooped by the local Best Buy to see what they had. The only thing they carried that was on the list was Municipal Waste. So I picked up the Art of Partying and popped it in the CD player. My first though with the opening track was it was very old school sounding - so I was liking it so far. As the CD played on, I was starting to feel that this was less thrash, and more crossover like DRI, Cro-Mags, or the Crumbsuckers. I'm not saying it was bad, but when I hear "thrash" I'm thinking Vio-Lence, old Exodus, Kreator, Destruction and the like. There wasn't a single solo on the CD and the average song length was about a minute and a half. I would consider this more crossover than thrash - but that's just my opinion.

Yeah, they are totally crossover. Art of Partying is pretty much the same as their last album, Hazardous Mutation, I can't see this band having much staying power if they keep up with the same sound on future albums. Hell, even before their cds are done, you've pretty much heard it all already.