Second Wave of Retro-Thrash

I can see someone listening to HM drawing the line on death or black, as they grew into significantly different and self-informed genres (I have little patience for brutal death metal, for example, and depressive droning black metal? Call me when that trend is over) but if someone likes heavy metal, and then likes death metal, how the hell does thrash metal in the middle not appeal to them?

I call bullshit! Come back here and explain yourself, Benmech! :loco:

I can see someone listening to HM drawing the line on death or black, as they grew into significantly different and self-informed genres (I have little patience for brutal death metal, for example, and depressive droning black metal? Call me when that trend is over) but if someone likes heavy metal, and then likes death metal, how the hell does thrash metal in the middle not appeal to them?

I call bullshit! Come back here and explain yourself, Benmech! :loco:

No, I do not have to entertain you. Cheiron was wrong to copy/paste my Livejournal details without my permission first.

Dude, do whatever you want, I'm just making conversation. Sorry for the 'METAL INQUISITION' tone, it was all in good fun.

And stuff you post on the internet in public places will find their way to public places...

Municipal Waste, Evile, Merciless Death... seems pretty suspect to me.

I want to hear from DBB on this.

The new Dekapitator is pretty good.
I would add Havok to that list and also Toxic Holocaust. We are a Thrash band and it is not very common to see other bands like us. We have a hardcore scene down in Santa Clarita, CA. But the people here really like our stuff. I feel like a second wave of thrash is more mainstream than it is underground, but that could be because a lot of these bands sound similer to one another, unlike the first wave of thrash.