new Thrash!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
I think we need some of the new thrash acts to make an appearance this year.........

Dekapitator
Merciless Death
Evile

the Dekapitator disc is getting lots of play this past week.

Nah I'm still waiting to find a copy of their new one The Legacy. A lot of people have it as their album of the year, so I want to check it out, see if it's worth all the hype.

It's on this new audio format - smaller than a CD and you can carry it in your shirt pocket. It's called a "cassette" or something like that. The best thing is, if the music sucks you can just record something else right over it!

Ken

It's on this new audio format - smaller than a CD and you can carry it in your shirt pocket. It's called a "cassette" or something like that. The best thing is, if the music sucks you can just record something else right over it!

Ken

I miss the old "demo" days.
If a crappy band gives you a demo, all you need to do is place some tape over the holes at the top and you have a blank tape to make your own "awesome mix tape"

You can't record over a CDR...

Yeah, because Testament sure is the cream of the crop of new thrash.

Except I said it's the ONLY thrash I like. I never said new thrash, you pompous ass. I was referring to thrash in general. :mad:

Ken

:lol::lol:

I've only got 6 of 'em, but I hope my collection will grow!

:lol::lol:

On a side note, my cassette copy of Paranoid is pretty much worn out. Iron Man sounds ridiculous because of how warped the tape is. :loco:

I like Merciless Death, and Municipal Waste of course. Horrorscope is also kickass.

I've yet to make a decision on Evile.

As much as I love Municipal Waste, they would be horrible for Powerfest... just saying. I know you weren't recommending them for the fest or whatever.

You gotta see the Waste in a bar with no security and a low stage... and free beer and weed.

This. I barely even like thrash, but Testament and Horrorscope are fucking amazing. :headbang:

It took me a very long time to get into Testament , the first album that I bought of theirs was The Gathering when it came out back in ’99. I played that cd to death, it’s such a great album and a great line up. To have Dave Lombardo play on a Testament cd was mind blowing. The next cd I got was Practice what you preach, I was expecting it to sound like The Gathering and it did not, so I was like WTF? Like I said it took a long time afterwards for me to play that cd again. It wasn’t until First Strike Still Deadly came out that I started to listen to them again. The fact that Steve Digiorgio played on that cd was reason enough to buy it, I really like how all those old songs sound on that cd. It was because of it that I eventually bought the old testament cd’s and I started to realize what a great band they were.

Oh, and they're certainly not new, but, Mekong Delta released a new disc this year (an excellent disc, I might add), and they really need to get over stateside.

I'm looking at you... CPF!

CPF is looking at your wallet

I don't own a wallet at the moment!

I would totally sponsor Mekong Delta though, for as much as I could toss.

Theres no US fests their Progressive Thrash stylings fit truly into though, so they always get passed on, from what I've heard.

DAMN!!!!

Just picked up the Evile and Merciless Death disc today. Both are damn good. I think Merciless Death would be a great opening band for the fest. They are in LA so it wouldnt be like having a european band flying over. With them and Dekapitator on the fest. That would be great representation of two great thrash acts from the states here on the bill.