A Neo-Folk Band From China....

comtely

New Metal Member
May 28, 2006
131219_2006528205824.jpg

Hello, everyone, we are Bloody Woods, a Neo-Folk band from China. In our country, Neo-Folk is only enjoyed by minority. But what we stick to is singing the ancient Euro-folks in the Orient far away. And now one of our new projects named "women in the hole" has been finished. Here is one piece of our works called "Flower Pool". Hopefully you would love it. Thanks!

This Is The Song:
http://www.musicmoon.com/folk/pool.mp3

Flower Pool

Music by Comtely Gan
Words By GuDao
Guitar/Keyboard:Comtely Gan
Vocal:GuDao

I close to you ,
my virgin maliry.
At the Flower Pool,
it's a place of my love.
There's no distance bettween you and me,
I taste your breath and feel your heart-bleeding.
In the moonlight you were cold and holy,
I can't stopped my feet walked up to you.
Can you feel my feet had tired and hurts,
can you hear the song I sing it for you.

long time ago I looked for my fate,
I told the old stories in the moutains and woods.
I felt suffering, hunger and cold ,
my confused body mazed again and again.
Can you tell me how I choose my life,
I can see the sad in your clear eyes.
In The Flower Pool so silent night,
the lake of sorrow full of my tears.

A lonely singer destine his life on the road.
But Maliry my goddess how I leave from yourside.

Well since you didn't spam every forum, I'll assume you wanted us specifically to try it out.

Surprisingly, I like it. There's almost an old French 'film noir' romance vibe to it.

Grammar aside, the lyrics mean well.

Not bad.

Thank You! Jaykeeley,When I come in your Forum,I like it....
Thank you like my song,Thought the song is poor
my song about a tale
a old tale....

Not bad at all. Great potential! However, I prefer the Kazuki Tomokawa, acid-style of traditional folk.

Thanks for you come here and we are highly honored to have your attention to our music, we are doing our best to sing our songs in Our shallow culture atmosphere

Demilich said:
Do you guys do anything with the folk music of your own people? That'd be cool to hear!

There is chinese folk music but chinese these days are too fixated on either western pop or their own even more insidious brand of pop.

number of factors.

The_Isle said:
There is chinese folk music but chinese these days are too fixated on either western pop or their own even more insidious brand of pop.

number of factors.

I do agree. Both western and eastern cultures aspire to be one another. The problem lies in that everyone wants to be what they aren't. One looks across the oceans and sees something "different." They aspire to be such (the desperation for individuality is the single human err.) However, you have to get passed it. Don't ignore your history just because people as of late have disregarded their own culture. Personally, I find that folk should embrace the ideals of what was and should be. Not what is and shouldn't. By rejecting your past because of the present you're letting those fags win.

Suffice to say: MAKE SOME CHINESE FOLK GODDAMNIT.

Thanks friends
I want to say:I Never Ignor My Country's Culture
I like chinese Culture
I have wrote many songs by my culture
but I like Euro Culture too
so Write this project.....
Thank You All The Same

Most Of Chinese People Like Pop Music
They forget the traditional Culture
So I am Sad......

I think it's not very strange most people in China aren't very knowledgeable about China's native ancient culture because of Mao etc. who during his rule and especially the "cultural revolution" :)rolleyes:) actively suppressed and destroyed knowledge of China's cultural past. Sad state of affairs, really.

The Cultural Revolution brought infinite loss for China, but It has already ended for a lot of years, the mode that the Chinese society of the modern has already neared to the west very much.So music also becomes diversified. The rock'n roll music also start the atmosphere seeing strong more in China, now In China and You can find out all music styles have in the world~~~~