listen to the frames - because theyre good

i listened to them as well. they seem to have a good variation in their stuff, at least in those three songs. headlong sounded a bit mogwaish though with more vocs and a decent bass layer. nice progression either. lay me down is more acoustical, sounded a bit nick drake like, but they keep their own style wghich is good to see. what happens when the heart just stops, is very mellow, all in all not depressing, with a nice atmosphere i think.
The vocs are good, though not outstanding. But i like the songs, nice recommendation mehdi, cheers!

breaklose said:
thats a very good album that one. hey ado wheres my cd? :tickled:

its coming, just taking some other tracks from vinyl to cd for you, its coming, that 'billy jean' bootleg is on there too, its coming

well theyve done a lot better than your 'under brain' thing, not many bands can tour constantly around america without a label for 10 years solid, cos theyre a great live band, thats where you need to hear it

ikeaboy said:
well theyve done a lot better than your 'under brain' thing, not many bands can tour constantly around america without a label for 10 years solid, cos theyre a great live band, thats where you need to hear it

ok, presuming that was for me. I might if they ever come around here.

About Under Byen, not many bands can break into a world wide audience, singing in a language hardly anyone understands, which moreover, isnt very, ehh, sonically appealing, maybe. And Under Byen isn't signed to any major label, doing it pretty much the Antimatter way, as far as I can tell. Well, aren't I the fanboy here, haha.

No offense Morpheus, but im tired with the mogwai comparisons really. Reminds me of the not-so-old days when everyone was comparing antimatter with portishead:erk:
I mean not every rock band is mogwai-ish:yell:
+ i believe the frames didnt wait for Mogwai to do their own stuff eh

i was just trying to say that this song (not the other two) reminded me of this style like, of course they don't sound like Mogwai, but i was searching for a short description without typing sth like atmospheric progressive melodic alternative bla bla bla if you see what i mean. so i took mogwai as a reference :) i'll try to avoid it ;)

edit: i never compared Antimatter to portishead. for me they don't sound like them.
second edit: if there is a song by a band which has a similar style to another, why can't i state this? it still doesn't mean that i think they ripped them off, does it? how can i when i have listened to only 3 songs like, of which only one song reminded me of that style?

third edit: no offense taken of course :)

Lenore said:
No offense Morpheus, but im tired with the mogwai comparisons really. Reminds me of the not-so-old days when everyone was comparing antimatter with portishead:erk:
I mean not every rock band is mogwai-ish:yell:
+ i believe the frames didnt wait for Mogwai to do their own stuff eh

ahh well at least with that we can still be mates again :D aye the ould frames have being going for 16 years now, one of the hardest working bands around

Morpheus said:
i was just trying to say that this song (not the other two) reminded me of this style like, of course they don't sound like Mogwai, but i was searching for a short description without typing sth like atmospheric progressive melodic alternative bla bla bla if you see what i mean. so i took mogwai as a reference :) i'll try to avoid it ;)

edit: i never compared Antimatter to portishead. for me they don't sound like them.
second edit: if there is a song by a band which has a similar style to another, why can't i state this? it still doesn't mean that i think they ripped them off, does it? how can i when i have listened to only 3 songs like, of which only one song reminded me of that style?

third edit: no offense taken of course :)

its cos you listen to too much metal and try to be open minded with reference to this music, i can tell when your spoofing mate ;)

Allan said:
ok, presuming that was for me. I might if they ever come around here.

About Under Byen, not many bands can break into a world wide audience, singing in a language hardly anyone understands, which moreover, isnt very, ehh, sonically appealing, maybe. And Under Byen isn't signed to any major label, doing it pretty much the Antimatter way, as far as I can tell. Well, aren't I the fanboy here, haha.

ah yea, you know id like to hear this band you always mention, looked at the web site, looks good like. sorry about the brain tag, couldnt think of the name so it was the 1st thing that popped into my head :tickled:

ikeaboy said:
ah yea, you know id like to hear this band you always mention, looked at the web site, looks good like. sorry about the brain tag, couldnt think of the name so it was the 1st thing that popped into my head :tickled:

You might wanna download them MP3s on the site then, hehe. No prob with the brain thing. Under Byen means beneath the city or sth.

btw, I never reckoned you were the post-editting type.

Allan said:
btw, I never reckoned you were the post-editting type.

dont worry it wasnt abusive Allan, now would i do that? :tickled: was actually giving you a link to a site, but it was the wrong one, cant find the right one yet