Listen to Tie My Rope here...

Can't you realize it is fucking different riff? The LDB goes :

Code:
----------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
----------------------------------------|------------------------------6-6-6-6-|
----------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
----------------------------------------|------------------------------3-3-3-3-|
--0--0--0--0--5b---0--0--0--0--0--0--0--|----0--0--0--5b---0--0--0--0----------|

PM PM PM PM W    PM PM PM PM PM PM PM      PM PM PM     PM PM PM PM PM PM PM  
  S  S  S  S  E.   S  S  S  E  S  S  E     S S  S  S  E.  S  S  S  E  S  S  E   
----------------------------------------|----3--3--3--3---3--3--5--7--5--7--8--|
--0--0--0--0--5b---0--0--0--0--0--0--0--|--------------------------------------|

AND THE TIE MY ROPE

Code:
 S S S S S S S S S S S S S S E     S S S S S S S S E  E  E  E   
---------------------------------|------------------------------|
---------------------------------|------------------7--7--7--9--|
---------------------------------|------------------5--5--5--7--|
--0-2-3-2-L-0-2-3-5-3-0-2-L-3-2--|--0-2-3-2-L-0-2-2-------------|

S S S S S S S S S S S S S S E     S S S S S S S S E  E  E  E   
---------------------------------|------------------4--4--4--5--|
---------------------------------|------------------2--2--2--3--|
--0-2-3-2-L-0-2-3-5-3-0-2-L-3-2--|--0-2-3-2-L-0-2-2-------------|

Yes thanks Sulo, didn't know about that page before.

By the way, the bitrate on that file from myspace is still only 96 kbps, so even that isn't near CD quality.

Sulo Sepp&#228 said:
This song fucking rules
QFT.

Yeah, and for Joonas, I never said TLS is different on the album. I just said that neither is You're Better Off Dead, idiot. Learn to read after you've learned how to listen.

the downloading from myspace thing somehow makes the quality even worse. i ripped it from the stream on bams site and my quality is better than what else i've heard, you just need to find a way to record it (i used cool edit pro and just messed with it a bit) and then mess with it a bit and you can get it to sound really good and in 128.

Joonas, you're a fucking mistake. "Rookie". You're better off dead single is also the same as on the album. Btw, get yourself some ears, the riff is completely different.

Ok, now I understand you meant the LDB riff.
Yea it's different, but few could deny it's LDB -influenced...

Yeah, and for Joonas, I never said TLS is different on the album. I just said that neither is You're Better Off Dead, idiot. Learn to read after you've learned how to listen.

It is different, idiot. If you haven't heard the song, check on Scythes Of Bodom for example, it is said there also that the mix is different. I can't understand how you fail to notice the difference.

I didn't "rip" the song, I just the recorded to record what it heard which means it'll sound exactly the same when you play it back. And the CD version will be even better which is good.

I didn't "rip" the song, I just the recorded to record what it heard which means it'll sound exactly the same when you play it back. And the CD version will be even better which is good.

So you mean you recorded the stream, and then you just play that stream? Well, did you encode the stream as a lossless format? Because then yes, it will be the same as the mp3, however if you converted it to mp3 it will have lost some of it's quality (lossy to lossy).

The reason I posted that method was because that is the original file, so if you record and encode it into a lossless format, it's going to be larger than an mp3 and sound the same as an mp3, and if you encode it as a lossy format you are losing quality. You can't really get better than the original version.

Sulo Seppä;6382830 said:
So you mean you recorded the stream, and then you just play that stream? Well, did you encode the stream as a lossless format? Because then yes, it will be the same as the mp3, however if you converted it to mp3 it will have lost some of it's quality (lossy to lossy).

The reason I posted that method was because that is the original file, so if you record and encode it into a lossless format, it's going to be larger than an mp3 and sound the same as an mp3, and if you encode it as a lossy format you are losing quality. You can't really get better than the original version.

you can encode it to a lossless format, but the quality can't be better than the source file.

Sulo Seppä;6382830 said:

It saves automatically in mp3. I'm not "ripping" or "converting" anything. Your version sounds exactly the same as mine so it's all good.

Joonas, you fucking moron. It is the fucking same song, only mixed, or actually I think it's remastered to match the cd's mix, because they were recorded different times. But since your ears think LDB has the same riff as Tie My Rope, or influenced by that, (which is pretty odd, cos they have completely different rhythm, Tie my rope goes almost straight 8th notes, LDB has a clear rhythm pattern) I would definetly think that you would have noticed the different mix if you hadn't read it somewhere. So SHUT THE FUCK UP. I blasted the two versions on my active speakers now, and yeah, you can hear some MINOR differences, but honestly, they don't change the song in any way.