New Bodom Songs

Undefined

Indefinite Entity
Sep 27, 2006
Unsure and Inexact
The names of three new Bodom songs that are going to be released on the next album have been announced. This thread is for those who haven't already heard the news or who have not yet checked the post in the interview thread. The three new song names are as follows:

• Roundtrip 2 Hell and Back
  • Tie My Rope
  • Pretty for the Devil

Now, I for one am a bit worried by these song names, but I won't jump to any conclusions this early. I will keep my faith and reserve my judgement until I actually listen to the new album. But I will say I am not impressed by these titles. They actually don't even sound like Bodom song names. But as long as they're good I really don't care.

As Zarok and I were saying in another thread, these song names bring to mind the names of songs by other bands like AC/DC, Motley Crue and Sinergy. They, in my opinion, are kind of reminiscent of 80's thrash song titles, although they also remind me of something an emo band would come up with. :erk: But as I said, Alexi is not known as a genius writer and as long as the songs are good I don't care what they're called.

What are your thoughts of these new track names??

(Serious discussion only, anyone posting anything else will be ignored or flamed mercilessly)

I totally agree. When I read them, it was hard to believe that it was actually the names. I'll check the interview in a sec but I'm also keeping faith. I actually can't wait for it.

When I first saw those song titles, they struck me as something Lordi might come up with. I like Lordi, but those new tracks better not be anything like Lordi.

These names are better than titles like "Triple Corpse Hammerblow" or "Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood" and it's just some natural evolution. If Alexi wrote songs that needed such names, then it's alright.

When I heard that Are You Dead Yet? would be the title of the last album, I was like "oh no..." but when Alexi explained the meaning behind it to me (he actually asked himself that question when he looked in the mirror after his accident where he broke his hand and fucked up his face), I totally liked it because I understood it.

Of course it's getting harder and harder for him to find new good and catchy song titles without repeating himself. Are there even song names that everybody would like?

Ok, the song names on Hatebreeder still kick ass and most of them are kinda unique but even the names on Are You Dead Yet? have something special. I guess we'll get used to the new ones pretty soon and everything will be alright.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the name of the Bodom-themed song of the album.

But as long as they're good I really don't care.

as long as the songs are good I don't care what they're called.

This.

Who gives a shit about song titles? How can anyone make any conclusions about the titles if they have not heard the song first? Maybe the titles describe the songs perfectly, maybe not. We don't know that yet. I couldn't care less if they decided to name their songs track 1, track 2 etc...

honestly, those names quite suprised me... it wouldn't be strange for me if those song titles were on Queens Of The Stone Age album... but come on pretty for the devil... but in any case, as Kekkonen's Parrot said who gives a shit about song titles... first need to hear the song... people do get suprised when they see the title of the song from a certain band.... but quality matters...

i know i have two different opinions and conclusion... but who gives a fuck... if they are good songs no body will bother about the title...

hopefully it's a bad joke from janne and alexi, they probably came up with those songtitles when they were drunk... :>

I don't like the title Tie My Rope, but who the hell knows, I might love the song. Until something is actually produced speculation will only drive me crazy.

I don't really like those titles :erk: They are so different than all the other songs from all the other albums...I just hope the songs are better than the titles. Hopefully I'll get used to them.

pretty for the devil? :lol:

i sorta think those names are cool, different and not as 'metal' sounding

roundtrip 2 hell and back sounds like the same style as AYDY

These names are better than titles like "Triple Corpse Hammerblow" or "Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood" and it's just some natural evolution. If Alexi wrote songs that needed such names, then it's alright.

When I heard that Are You Dead Yet? would be the title of the last album, I was like "oh no..." but when Alexi explained the meaning behind it to me (he actually asked himself that question when he looked in the mirror after his accident where he broke his hand and fucked up his face), I totally liked it because I understood it.

Of course it's getting harder and harder for him to find new good and catchy song titles without repeating himself. Are there even song names that everybody would like?

Ok, the song names on Hatebreeder still kick ass and most of them are kinda unique but even the names on Are You Dead Yet? have something special. I guess we'll get used to the new ones pretty soon and everything will be alright.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the name of the Bodom-themed song of the album.

Triple Corpse Hammerblow is a reference to the Lake Bodom murder you idiot

/\ 1)He's talking about the fact that it's a stupid fucking song name you dolt.
2) He's like one of the main Scythes Of Bodom guys, which means he probably knows alot about Bodom.
3) You're 13. STFU

The names of three new Bodom songs that are going to be released on the next album have been announced. This thread is for those who haven't already heard the news or who have not yet checked the post in the interview thread. The three new song names are as follows:

• Roundtrip 2 Hell and Back
  • Tie My Rope
  • Pretty for the Devil

Now, I for one am a bit worried by these song names, but I won't jump to any conclusions this early. I will keep my faith and reserve my judgement until I actually listen to the new album. But I will say I am not impressed by these titles. They actually don't even sound like Bodom song names. But as long as they're good I really don't care.

As Zarok and I were saying in another thread, these song names bring to mind the names of songs by other bands like AC/DC, Motley Crue and Sinergy. They, in my opinion, are kind of reminiscent of 80's thrash song titles, although they also remind me of something an emo band would come up with. :erk: But as I said, Alexi is not known as a genius writer and as long as the songs are good I don't care what they're called.

What are your thoughts of these new track names??

(Serious discussion only, anyone posting anything else will be ignored or flamed mercilessly)

Excuse me?!!! You may want to re-think those words, mister!

The song names aren't that bad, just they're not so much like Bodoms other songs, I'm sure the music will be awsome.

Jaska said one of the song is like "Old school Trash with the fastest double bass" Jaska has played

And one has an "Old Hypocrisy" atmosphere, what songs you think these are?

I think the Old school Trash song is the Roundtrip and the Hypocrisy song could be Tie My Rope! :headbang: