Bodom Lack Of Fan Interest

Curt Q.

Rape Humanity With Pride
Is it just me or does it seem like Bodom has completely isolated all of their fans without providing any information as to what's going on with the band. Bodom was at least a top 3 in my favourite bands but after what I've seen in the last half a year or so, they're nowhere near that level anymore. Also what the fuck is up with the new song names "Pretty for the devil"??? Without scythes-of-bodom.com Children of bodom would not exist because of ZERO publicity.

I really don't get what you are trying to say. We get information. Do you want Alexi to tell you everytime he burshes his teeth or something?

Is it just me or does it seem like Bodom has completely isolated all of their fans without providing any information as to what's going on with the band.

I think it's just you. I mean all the relevant information has been delivered to the fans - details about the new album, upcoming gigs, near-future plans. I don't know what more you are after exactly? If you want to pry about their personal lifes or see stories like "contents of Alexi's wardrobe" on magazines, you've probably chosen the wrong band :)

Is it just me or does it seem like Bodom has completely isolated all of their fans without providing any information as to what's going on with the band. Bodom was at least a top 3 in my favourite bands but after what I've seen in the last half a year or so, they're nowhere near that level anymore. Also what the fuck is up with the new song names "Pretty for the devil"??? Without scythes-of-bodom.com Children of bodom would not exist because of ZERO publicity.

You're absolutely right. Without active fans who gather information we wouldn't even know if they changed all their players. They promise stuff from the new song rehearsals, but wtf, it's been FORGOTTEN.

Well man, they're more a of a live band. Granted they may not give a million updates on Myspace about the most mundane shit, but fuck it, they tour like crazy so they don't really have the time. I'd rather them invest time touring than telling me what's new with them every week.

They're on a break now, but they want some vacation time ifyoustop to think about it. And they also have to make a new album (plus a few festivals in between they must play). Also, they are the nicest fucking band if you actually meet them. I've met a lot of bands, none as nice as Bodom (except maybe guys from Sanctity... and Johan from Amon Amarth)... so again, I'd trade gay updates for a band that actually comes out and hangs with the fans after the show for a long time.

P.S. Don't judge the new songs till you hear them!

I really don't get what you are trying to say. We get information. Do you want Alexi to tell you everytime he burshes his teeth or something?

I LOL'd.

You're absolutely right. Without active fans who gather information we wouldn't even know if they changed all their players. They promise stuff from the new song rehearsals, but wtf, it's been FORGOTTEN.

Dude... no.

Children of Bodom for the win , wish i could meet these dudes. But actually , if you know where to look at or you want to know whats going on , you can easily , maybe you're just a little lazy...?

i agree there aren't as many updates as bands that have members who frequently use the internet and post updates and chat with members, but its not like we don't get any information. they post info for new gigs and reveal some information about the songs and when they're going into the studio etc. they're not as up to date as other bands when it comes to giving out updates but they also don't just disappear and then reappear years later.

I have been thinking exactly opposite lately, Alexi has been quite lot in Finnish media during the spring and summer. He has been telling about new album, their daily routines, his song writing process, broken shoulder, sharing his views about baby diapers with skulls etc. and Janne has been sharing his experiences with Japanese toilet seats....

Maybe fuckin' Alexi and along with the rest of the band are too busy playing their instruments, touring (somewhat), and getting fucked up every night and on a daily basis... hehehehehe. If anything, Bodom's getting too popular. It's almost like everyone knows who they are now -- which I think sucks.

How does it suck? Do you want them to be a part time band on a tiny little label just so you can have them all to yourself? Do you want to be the only one in the mosh pit at a gig?(They wouldn't gig outside Europe if they weren't popular) I think you should just deal with the face that they are a good band.... Good bands get popular!...

After AYDY, they get really popular on Finland. Thats because AYDY is more popular music than earlier ones, but not too much... You can´t see those old amazing songs never on TV, like Downfall and Everytime I Die. Because they are so... different, like anti-popular :) Media don´t rispect that kind of music...

I'd say that was the stupidest thing I've ever heard, they came to Lake Bodom of their own free will to meet, hang out with and drink about 40 fans including myself, which is unbelievable for a band as successful as them, and they're holding a 10th birthday party of which one of the days is open to the public. Maybe you should try a little harder, not them.

all those poeple saying they think it sucks that children of bodom are so popular, just think. If they werent so popular would have even found out about them?

it doesn't matter if bodom is famous or not

what matters is if they changed their sound just to get famous

i must say that their new song names kinda scares me, i always loved bodom for not being very commercial, but those songs names are.... not like what Bodom did in the past and i fear that they become like other bastard metal bands like Avenged Sevenfold or AFI. AYDY was a really big change, but most people didnt saw how much it changed, i think it's a good album anyway, but i still prefer the band's work BEFORE they released HCD.

all those poeple saying they think it sucks that children of bodom are so popular, just think. If they werent so popular would have even found out about them?

yeah, my brother found hatebreeder in the 90s through tape trading. i think the people who say it sucks that they're popular are insecure because now that thier favorite band is famous, its not just them who likes the band anymore and they don't feel special walking around with thier cobhc tshirt and have everyone be like OMG WUT IS TEH HATE CR00?