CHILDREN OF BODOM To Play Tribute Concert To DIMEBAG DARRELL

Sune

Aug 17, 2004
Denmark
According to the CHILDREN OF BODOM fan site Scythes-of Bodom.com, plans exist for a "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott tribute concert to be held in Helsinki, Finland. Artists that have volunteered their services for the show include CHILDREN OF BODOM, along with Lauri Porra from SINERGY and members of GODSPLAGUE, GRAYBACK and THUNDERSTONE. However, nothing has been confirmed yet. More details will be provided soon.´
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is a really noble thing to do, and I think they should do it, so please, let us fans show that we want them to do this in the memory of Dimebag.

Damn damn damn! You beat me by like two seconds!

And well, it should then be a non-profitable concert, beacause comon it would be wrong to be getting money of a Dimebag Tribute gig. At least right now I think.

does someone know if there is agelimit or shit like that?thats very sad to Dimebag has died, but now we probably have a fucking kick ass consert, for memory of DD.R.I.P everyone metalhead of finland, go that fucking consert! (inc. me)

what is this shit!!! this is so fucking wrong!!!!!!!!! these cocksucking bands will play for a metal icon like dimebag darrel?!!!! i cant belive. in some shithole in hellsinki or?

tribute concert would must have the following artists : metallica on the first place becouse of the same genre of music then iron maiden, soulfly, sepultura, slayer, megadeth not some crappy little bands like sinergy

janez79 said:
what is this shit!!! this is so fucking wrong!!!!!!!!! these cocksucking bands will play for a metal icon like dimebag darrel?!!!! i cant belive. in some shithole in hellsinki or?

tribute concert would must have the following artists : metallica on the first place becouse of the same genre of music then iron maiden, soulfly, sepultura, slayer, megadeth not some crappy little bands like sinergy

For one, fuck soulfly. and i dont think you realize how big of an influence Dimebag was to Alexi. "This love" was a song he played on his very first gig when he was 13-14 years old. bands playing at this concert shouldnt play just becasue of the same fuckin genre, its a tribute concert for Dimebag Darrell. however i think the concert should try to be set up in Dallas Texas...including black label society most importantly, children of bodom, and many other bands who had a special relationship, inspiration, and love for dimebag

It's just a "Finnish tribute show", not the "official Dimebag tribute show" so chill the fuck out and start organizing your own tribute shows already.

haha i know janez...i dont think you understand, there can be more than one tribute show, maybe metalica will have one for him too.

janez79 said:

If they want to honor him, why shouldn't they be allowed? Doesn't matter shit how big and influential they are. Fuck you.

Sinergy is better than Metallica.

I like how the boys in Finland can set up a show for Dime in less than a month but these asshole American fucking rockstars here probably aren't gonna pull something together until 2008.

Jani Laiho said:
For one, fuck soulfly. and i dont think you realize how big of an influence Dimebag was to Alexi. "This love" was a song he played on his very first gig when he was 13-14 years old. bands playing at this concert shouldnt play just becasue of the same fuckin genre, its a tribute concert for Dimebag Darrell. however i think the concert should try to be set up in Dallas Texas...including black label society most importantly, children of bodom, and many other bands who had a special relationship, inspiration, and love for dimebag
gkelter said:
Sinergy is better than Metallica.

I like how the boys in Finland can set up a show for Dime in less than a month but these asshole American fucking rockstars here probably aren't gonna pull something together until 2008.

Well said and well said.

American Rockstars are negotiating with MTV to see if they can get a ten minute tv special , after all, when an actually talented star dies they only usually get five minutes on mtv, unlike a few others *cough kobain cough*

That's like saying all his fans who first picked up a guitar or started their own bands out of sheer love and respect for this man don't deserve to mourn or pay respects. You dick.