Little Axe-FX clip

Whooooa I didn't know Tymon from Cynic posted here! That's fucking epic! That is a killer tone man, I've got an Axe-FX Ultra on order myself, been on the waiting list for a few months now so hopefully I'll be able to pick one up around the end of the summer.

The more I listen the more I think this might be the best direct tone I've ever heard...

WTF?! tymon... I had no idea you went to Cynic?! That's really cool, the perfect band for you (and the perfect guitarist for them :) ). How did that happen?

Nice clip btw.

You can load impulses into the Axe-FX? Or did I read that wrong? Really great clip! My GAS for an Axe-FX only ever grows.

You can load impulses into the Axe-FX? Or did I read that wrong? Really great clip! My GAS for an Axe-FX only ever grows.

The cabs in it are IR's, and you can load your own.

Haha, Tymon I didn't know you were in Cynic until now. Never realized it from your posts on the Axe-FX forum.

We both have an axe-fx and a bogner v30 cab. haha. Did you have that impulse in the zip file you uploaded on the axe fx forum? I downloaded it but haven't looked in it yet.

Thanks guys! Hmm come to think of it I didn't use the Bogner impulse but a Mesa one. The Axe-FX can indeed load impulses, and use 4 of them at once if you like. Really cool. We're using it for Cynic also by the way, Paul also bought one.

WTF?! tymon... I had no idea you went to Cynic?! That's really cool, the perfect band for you (and the perfect guitarist for them :) ). How did that happen?

Nice clip btw.

Haha well, I'm just a lucky guy. One thing lead to another, you know how it goes.

As soon as you have a setup that works, it's really simple. Looks hard at first, but it's not harder than reamping. When I take impulses, I noticed that a longer sweep file (20sec) sounded more natural compared to a 6 sec sweep. That is, the sound through the cab vs. IR in the AxeFx.

Damn nice tone. Sounds better than the revalver tones I've heard on the forum, it's not as real as revalver but alot heavier.

that sounds amazing!!
i burnt that to a cd so i could listen to that in my car!!
What amp model was that?!?!?!