Little Classic Metal Quiz

Mr Blackwell

Greenface
Dec 29, 2003
Vienna, Austria, Europe
1. Which classic metal album has the line "through the ice and snow" twice, in two different songs, and what are the titles of these songs?

2. Name the classic metal song in which the singer screams "UNPLUGGED THEY DIE!" right before the guitar solo.

3. What classic metal song features the line "Terror, Death, Destruction"?

More trivia questions anyone?

1. It's Saxon's Denim and Leather
2. Not sure but it sounds like either accept or anvil
3.I would say many many songs but that exact phrasing comes from Die With Your boots on right?

nice thread... those were actually very hard!

Correct!
1. The album is DENIM AND LEATHER and the songs are Princess Of The Night ("used to bring the mail to me, through the ice and snow") and Denim And Leather ("did you cue for your ticket through the ice and snow").

2. Right, the band is Accept and Udo Dirkschneider screams "UNPLUGGED THEY DIE!" but what's the name of the song?

3. And correct again, "Terror, Death, Destruction pour from the eastern sands" comes from Die With Your Boots On.

Very good :cool:

Katana Overlord said:
Wow good questions. Nice and difficult. Post some more! I'll try to think of some.

Thanks! It's not so easy to come up with good questions.
Hm, how about this one:

Name the three singers and two drummers who recorded albums with both Ritchie Blackmore and Tony Iommi.

MY TURN TO ASK SOME TRIVIA!!

1. Which Sabbath singer never recorded an album with them?
2. John Ricci is the guitarist in Exciter, but he also served time in what other band, very briefly in the early 90s?
3. What do Ritchie Blackmore, Yngwie Malmsteen, Michael Schenker, and Chris Impelliterri all have in common?

StevieHimself said:
MY TURN TO ASK SOME TRIVIA!!

1. Which Sabbath singer never recorded an album with them?

That was indeed Ray Gillen (RIP).

2. John Ricci is the guitarist in Exciter, but he also served time in what other band, very briefly in the early 90s?

Phew, I have no idea.

3. What do Ritchie Blackmore, Yngwie Malmsteen, Michael Schenker, and Chris Impelliterri all have in common?

Graham Bonnett sang on one (or more) of their albums.

Mr Blackwell said:
Graham Bonnett sang on one (or more) of their albums.

You would be right about Ray Gillen, but the guy I was thinking of a dude named David Donato. He later sang in a band called White Tiger, w/ex-Kiss guitarist Mark St. John.

John Ricci played in White Zombie!! No kidding...

And you are right about Graham Bonnet! Good thinking!

TIME FOR SOME MORE TRIVIA, IF THAT'S COOL WITH YOU GUYS AND GALS!

1. Which two guitarists were almost in David Lee Roth's solo band before it went to Steve Vai?
2. Who was Soundgarden's original drummer?
3. Tony Iommi briefly left Sabbath to join what band in 1968, and then obviously came back?
4. What was the original name of Slayer?
5. Michael Angelo Batio played guitar in what band before Nitro?

StevieHimself said:

1. Which two guitarists were almost in David Lee Roth's solo band before it went to Steve Vai?
3. Tony Iommi briefly left Sabbath to join what band in 1968, and then obviously came back?

Phew, these are hard questions.

I think Tony Iommi briefly joined Jethro Tull, or was it Uriah Heep? No, Jethro Tull. Right?

And I have no idea about this other band of DeFeis and Pursino.

StevieHimself said:

Hard ones...

1-I know Steve Vai played with David Lee Roth... that's all!
4-Dragonslayer :tickled:

I didn't think Jason Becker played with DLR, I know he was supposed to but didn't the disease he has incapacitate him before he could actually perform?

And the answer to my question was Piledriver. Although technically speaking David Defeis didn't play on the album, but eh did help write it.