Little Classic Metal Quiz

Trevor Lane said:
All correct (I didn't know about Rudy Sarzo playing with Ozzy though).

Here's another three for the Maiden fans:

What band were Steve Harris and Doug Samson in before Maiden?

What band members were in both Maiden and Samson?

3 pt: Who sold Adrian Smith his first guitar?
Describe it?
What did Adrian do with it later?

Have fun.

No Takers on the 1 and 3?

Alright, I'll give them to you:

Doug Samson and Steve Harris were both in Smiler before Maiden.

Dave Murray sold Adrian his first guitar. It was a red Woolrich that Dave bought for about 6 pounds. Adrian painted it either silver or gold and sold it for "alot more than 6 pounds."

Aias said:
I think the drummer is Tommy Aldridge. The guitarist is none other than Brad Gillis, the man who would be lost without his wammy bar! He was the second best guitarist in one of the worst groups of ALL TIME: Night Ranger!
:headbang:

Tommy Aldridge is correct.
True, Jeff Watson was much better than Gillis.

Force10 said:
He needed a paycheck??? :D

I think I've heard the story but can't recall why he came back.

Not quite. Scholnick was allowed to take "creative freedom" on Criss Oliva's solos when playing the older songs live. Alot of Savatage fans, including their former guitarist Chris Cafferey, who played opposite Criss Oliva previously, really didn't like that. So, Cafferey contacted the band about coming back for the next album taking Criss Oliva's, now vacant after the dismissing of Scholnick, old spot so that he could do his late friend/bandmate's music justice by playing the live solos the way that they were supposed to be played.

Trevor Lane said:
Not quite. Scholnick was allowed to take "creative freedom" on Criss Oliva's solos when playing the older songs live. Alot of Savatage fans, including their former guitarist Chris Cafferey, who played opposite Criss Oliva previously, really didn't like that. So, Cafferey contacted the band about coming back for the next album taking Criss Oliva's, now vacant after the dismissing of Scholnick, old spot so that he could do his late friend/bandmate's music justice by playing the live solos the way that they were supposed to be played.
Very cool!

Here's another one:

Which two very well known hard rock bands share the following song titles:

Almost Human
Comin' Home
Into The Fire
Lick It Up
Mad Dog
Strangeways (Strange Ways)
Under The Gun