Little demo sample (Engl Savage)

Hi
How does it sound?
http://sneapforum.kazrog.com/XeS/Test_Song2.mp3

Guitar: Schecter C1 with EMG 81
Amp: Engl Savage 60
Bass: Schecter Elite

The song is not mastered.

Do you hear the bass or does it seem there are only the guitars?
Yesterday I heard it but today I'm ill so I can't listen very well...
Thanks

I am new to the forum but I clicked on your link and it seems I need administrator privilages to listen to your track.

I would not mind giving you my advice on your track if you want it, however I would need the password????:loco::loco:

Hi
How does it sound?
http://sneapforum.kazrog.com/XeS/Test_Song2.mp3

Guitar: Schecter C1 with EMG 81
Amp: Engl Savage 60
Bass: Schecter Elite

The song is not mastered.

Do you hear the bass or does it seem there are only the guitars?
Yesterday I heard it but today I'm ill so I can't listen very well...
Thanks

It seems as there are only guitars and no bass, I like the drums and the Engl Savage 60 :headbang::headbang:

Sounds too gainy for me. Decent though. I think you can get way better results with this head (i try to do the same with my SE...). Personally i love the Savage tone on some Fred. Nordstrom's productions.

I can hear the bass but it's a bit buried IMO.

Uhm...ok.
I have the gain at 11 0'clock and the TS drive at 8 O'clock...I don't think there is too much gain...there are only 2 guitar tracks. Anyway, Savage is not a plug and play amp for shure :D
I recorded the bass detuning from E to C, using standard strings...probably this is a part of the problem

Sounds great, and there's definitely NOT too much gain at all - just the right amount of saturation, so rock on! What I would recommend, though, is cleaning up the silences between the palm muted parts in the beginning; I think I hear little string noises and such that are distracting.

Guitar sound really good, but I think you must work at the bass sound, probably with more compression.

Thank you guys!
Sincerely I didn't work with bass too much in the past so I have to learn how to work with this instrument and how to fit it well into a mix

When i said "too gainy for me" i meant too gainy for my taste (just a little bit though). Your guitar sound is good but does not have the huge balls most ENGL owners are after... With my SE i tend to have a quite low gain setting (9h30) and a lot of mids to get this ballsy/not so compressed sound. But that's just a matter of taste though.

My judgement may also be biased due to the "average" bass sound you mention and the "not so tight" playing (i mean the guitar performances are a bit off with each other).

With a better bass sound and tighter playing it may sound better i guess.

Uhm...ok.
I have the gain at 11 0'clock and the TS drive at 8 O'clock...I don't think there is too much gain...there are only 2 guitar tracks. Anyway, Savage is not a plug and play amp for shure :D
I recorded the bass detuning from E to C, using standard strings...probably this is a part of the problem

Remove the pedal man, that's an ENGL. It already sounds like it has a tubescreamer in front of it.

Djabthrash: You are right...the bass is not too much tight because the floppy strings and my playing in some points is not tight also. Regarding the eq, I don't know how the SE sounds...my old Savage could be a little different..but I don't know. I noticed that if I raise the mids I obtain a "body" increase but also a fizz increase. But I used impulses so with a cab it will be a different story (in a better way).

Frankzappa: I know...Engl amps cut very well by default but I like a little more my sound with the TS. It adds a grainy sound and it cuts bass so I have a less flooded amp sound. With TS I raise the bass pot from 5 to 8 and it sounds more tight and clean.