Little demo sample (Engl Savage)

Djabthrash: You are right...the bass is not too much tight because the floppy strings and my playing in some points is not tight also. Regarding the eq, I don't know how the SE sounds...my old Savage could be a little different..but I don't know. I noticed that if I raise the mids I obtain a "body" increase but also a fizz increase. But I used impulses so with a cab it will be a different story (in a better way).

Ok. And i'm very demanding regarding the kind of guitar tones i'm after, and i'm always referring to some badass Powerball tones a friend of mine recorded recently and some other "over the top" ENGL tones (if you spend tons of cash for a good amp you might want to get a kickass tone and not only a good tone out of it right ? :) )

After listening to your clip i listened to some songs of Nightrage's "descent into chaos" (produced by Nordstrom) which has a sick Savage tone (maybe blended with Peavey's and Randall's but still has this obvious ENGL character), and your tone is not so far from it indeed (the tone on the Nightrage album is a bit brighter and has more presence for the bite, and has a bit more balls (tight playing ? pickups ? less gain and more mids ? Who knows ...) )