Dagoba's Cover (keiffer and moonlapse reamps)

::XeS::

Mar 30, 2005
Italy
www.myspace.com
Hi
This is the song:
http://www.esnips.com/doc/e831361e-dcf1-477c-88fb-83494102d4cf/Cancer-cover

It's Cancer from Dagoba recorded by me. It's not finished (I have to re-record the bass and automate different things).
Drums is a shitty roytek with very old skinnies and cymbals.
Guitars are my schecter C1 with emg 81, reamped with 5150 by Keiffer and Moonlapse.
Bass is schecter elite.

What do you think? :)

Thanks to Guitarhack, Keiffer and Moonlapse for the great reamps!!!

that's cool...

I had never listened to or even heard of Dagoba. I bought What Hell is About Yesterday. I'm liking it.

Thanks.

Drums was recorded in a ghetto style situation into an hay loft.
Kick -> Sennheiser e602
Snare top -> Shure sm57
Toms -> ddrum triggers
Oh's -> Oktava mk012
HH and Ride -> Samson c02

Before the recordings I record the samples of the whole drum kit. For the snare I recorded samples of the top (sm57) and the bottom (samson c02) and I blended togheter in a single sample to use as a replacement for the top snare track (But I didn't use samples on the snare).
For the toms I did a little experiment using the sm57 and the sennheiser e602. When I mixed I toke the midi recorded by the triggers and I replaced them with my samples.
The hardest work was the drums editing: I use Logic and I had to edit the whole song by hand because the Logic's procedures didn't work (I don't know why).

Yeah I'm actually curious as to how you mixed up the different reamp tracks!

The kick seems to be eating up a lot of the headroom there. It's a bit over the top. If you notice the track ducks quite severely in volume throughout many sections.

The guitars are:
Keiffer 5150 left and right and keiffer Dual recto left and right (a little lower), and a little bit of Moonlapse's reamps (much lower).
The reamps are all very good but I found that these tracks fit better in my mix