Little sneap news....

chadsxe

Super Rad Member
Dec 13, 2005
Chimaira are set to enter the studio on October 02nd to begin recording their new album with producer Jason Suecof (God Forbid, Trivium). The outing will be co-produced and mixed by Andy Sneap (Machine Head, Arch Enemy) and is expected out next year through a soon-to-be announced label. In related news, the bands track "Threnody" will be included on an upcoming "Masters Of Horror" soundtrack effort. The aforementioned song was originally a b-side recorded during the sessions for the bands previously released self-titled album.

FUCKINNNNNNNNNNNNN AWSOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GREATEST NEWS THIS WEEK BY FAR!!! oh boy i cant fuckin wait

Ever notice all the weird fuzz and static on the last CD. I always assumed it was the sound FX. Perhaps it was some insane dither.

Whatever it was, I love the production quality and I'm sad to see them move from Ben this time.

FUCK YEAH!!!:kickass:

I tried to look up Ben Schigel, and spider studios. Couldn't find either. Love the footage from the DVD, of Ben tracking the band. Colin mixed. Don't have any info on the self titled album. I spilled a beer on the liner notes of that album the day it came out, thus maulling it. FUCK! Anyone know what Andols is doing nowadays? THAT dude is a fucking talented drummer!:worship:

Gnash said:
FUCK YEAH!!!:kickass:

I tried to look up Ben Schigel, and spider studios. Couldn't find either. Love the footage from the DVD, of Ben tracking the band. Colin mixed. Don't have any info on the self titled album. I spilled a beer on the liner notes of that album the day it came out, thus maulling it. FUCK! Anyone know what Andols is doing nowadays? THAT dude is a fucking talented drummer!:worship:
He is the drummer of Chimaira.

Sinister Mephisto said:
Is this a live DVD or something? Or an reissue with special features?

It's a (let me go get it) "The Dehumanizing Process"
It was released after The Impossibility.... GREAT fucking DVD!!!
It has a bonus rerelease of their first album, and the video shit, NICE fucking live show, and ALOT of studio footage! Yeah, it's fucking baddass, bro!

I loved the last Chimaira disc with Talley on drums, but Andol's will always be the drummer for Chimaira...Glad to see he's back in the band. We played with them on the jager tour in the spring and he's better than ever. Bulked up a bit and hitting strong. I'm looking forward to hearing the new stuff and see who they go with as far as labels go...

I'm surprised they are going with Suecof, Mark always raved about Ben and how comfortable he is with him...Interesting.

All the footage I've seen of Jason Suecof on "making of" DVD's make him seem like he'd get on your nerves...Maybe it's me.:)

nwright said:
All the footage I've seen of Jason Suecof on "making of" DVD's make him seem like he'd get on your nerves...Maybe it's me.:)
jason is a member of this forum under the name axeman720. all the footage ive seen leads me to believe hes a cool dude. cant wait to see how his tracking and andy mixings will sound in comparison to chimairas other stuff. i bet it will be a step up for sure, not that ben did a bad job or anything. impossibility is one of my faves:headbang:

unsilpauly said:
jason is a member of this forum under the name axeman720. all the footage ive seen leads me to believe hes a cool dude. cant wait to see how his tracking and andy mixings will sound in comparison to chimairas other stuff. i bet it will be a step up for sure, not that ben did a bad job or anything. impossibility is one of my faves:headbang:

No, that's awesome, and I don't mean it to sound bad...He just always seems "energetic"...I guess I'm more a laid back type. His work is top notch though.

Gnash said:
It's a (let me go get it) "The Dehumanizing Process"
It was released after The Impossibility.... GREAT fucking DVD!!!
It has a bonus rerelease of their first album, and the video shit, NICE fucking live show, and ALOT of studio footage! Yeah, it's fucking baddass, bro!

Cool! I'll be sure to check it out.