Live After Death DVD finally!

soundave

Oct 13, 2005
MA
Europe gets it monday, US on tuesday. It's got some goodies, too.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Maiden-After-Death-Two-Disc/dp/B0011U52EW/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1201966782&sr=8-1"]Read here[/ame].

Up the irons!:headbang:

ftlog people....I title the thread Live After Death and you don't immediately think Maiden? Where are all my old school metal mates???

Man... I've been waiting for years for this thing to come out.

No joke. And where the hell are my Maiden buddies here? I thought there'd be more people as excited as I am. I mean, for years, I only had the audio. But one of the best concerts I've ever heard. Really looking forward to seeing it, and hearing it in 5.1 surround, too.

15 years man?! They ain't been here since '87 'ave they? I was born in '87..

I'm going on Thursday and this is the first time I have purely been excited for a gig for a long time.

2 MOTHERFUCKING DAYS!

Maiden still has the best cover art, Im going to get this man.

you do know that's the original cover art from 1985? recent maiden cover art pales in comparison to the awesome '80s derek riggs designs. :worship:

soundave you seriously haven't seen LAD before? i first got it on a pirated VHS when i was first getting into maiden. then in the internet era i just downloaded a torrent of the vid.
of course it'll be great to finally have an official DVD, not to mention the second part of the early days documentary :headbang: :headbang:

you do know that's the original cover art from 1985? recent maiden cover art pales in comparison to the awesome '80s derek riggs designs. :worship:

soundave you seriously haven't seen LAD before? i first got it on a pirated VHS when i was first getting into maiden. then in the internet era i just downloaded a torrent of the vid.
of course it'll be great to finally have an official DVD, not to mention the second part of the early days documentary :headbang: :headbang:

Unbelievable, but true. I've never dl'ed a torrent vid... kind of computer unsavvy :erk:. I saw some shitty quality vids that came on the enhanced CD portion of my LAD disc. And the viewable area was like 5"x5" or something. This was the album that basically was in constant play when I was a kid... Without a doubt, my favorite album for years and years.:headbang:

I just got it! I've not watched it though. It has the full live after death concert remastered in 5.1, the second part of the iron maiden documentary, their concert at Rock in Rio in 85 and some more stuff. Can'T wait to watch it. Death on the Road was an awesome DVD too. Better than Rock in Rio IMO.

So........ is it worth it? Especially if I already own Rock in Rio DVD?

Absolutely. I find Rock in Rio almost unwatchable with the edit per second approach that they took with it. It's, afaic, the classic lineup (meaning Steve, Adrian, Dave, Nicko, Bruce) and it was for many years the definitive live metal concert recording. For me it still is. The energy in '85 was amazing.

Set:
Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnigt
The Trooper
Revelations
Flight of Icarus
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Powerslave
Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Iron Maiden
Run to the Hills
Running Free
Sanctuary

As far as what it has: the original show from the world slavery tour at the Long Beach Arena --"scream for me Long Beach!"-- in original Martin Birch 2 channel mix or new Kevin Shirley 5.1 mix(90 minutes), History of Iron Maiden Part 2 that continues where Early Days left off (60 minutes), Behind the Iron Curtain- Documentary plus Live footage (57 Minutes), Rock in Rio '85 (50 minutes), 'Ello Texas (15 minutes), Promo clips of Aces High and 2 Minutes to Midnight, and a gallery.