Live After Death DVD

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Not sure if you guys are aware, but you can actually buy this amazing concert on DVD now. There is an official release available in Brazil and it's on sale at eBay. It's encoded Region 0 which means it will work with any DVD player in the world.

If you haven't heard or seen Live After Death yet, I'd point out that it's concerts like this which make Iron Maiden quite possibly the greatest metal band on the planet.

Oh and it puts Rock in Rio to shame IMO.

JK.

Ooooh, Rock In Rio is ace! :D

Last time I bought a Region 0 DVD it was in black & white :mad: I thought getting Tenchi Muyo OVAs 1 & 2 together on DVD for £10 - £15 (exact price evades me now) was too good to be true....so, I would be a bit wary of this one. But if it honestly is an official release (any chance of confirming this?) then it must be kosher...

My DVD player is region-free so I've never had that 'black & white' problem....although I don't know anyone who's had problems with a region 0 disc even with a regular player...

Rock in Rio is ok, but as a concert, Live After Death was just a little more magnificient, and it was IM at their peak. In fact, LAD is probably one of the best live albums ever made. No Janick Gers getting in the way and doing crappy interpretations of what Adrian Smith does soooo much better.... :)

@Symphony and anyone else interested. Check eBay right HERE.

Definitely one of the best Live albums ever. The trade offs between Smith and Murray across left and right speaker is just so tr00. :D

Now imagine it in Dolby Surround!

Originally posted by JayKeeley
My DVD player is region-free so I've never had that 'black & white' problem....although I don't know anyone who's had problems with a region 0 disc even with a regular player...

Rock in Rio is ok, but as a concert, Live After Death was just a little more magnificient, and it was IM at their peak. In fact, LAD is probably one of the best live albums ever made. No Janick Gers getting in the way and doing crappy interpretations of what Adrian Smith does soooo much better.... :)

Up yours! :p Janick is fine! Very entertaining :cool:

Yikes, it's not like he's the new guy in Linkin Park or something (they probably sample their guitars anyway). I hear him play, and it sounds just fine to me. I watch him live, and he's quite a laff at the end of the set in the crash ending :D probably is an age thing, but, ah well.....this is the way things are! Live and let live :)

Yeah to be fair, he's not the worst, but I do think his guitar work is sloppy compared to Adrian Smith, who is sorely underused if you consider that he wrote or co-wrote some of the best Maiden tracks EVER.

We'll see what the 13th album sounds like. If it's another Brave New World, I'll be disappointed. :(

Oh, I'd be fine with another BNW, although it took some getting into. I remember listening to it for the first time and thinking "eh? wtf?". Sometime later I was out with a mate and he played me Dream Of Mirrors and that threw me off completely. But if they did another album like that, it probably wouldn't be as hard to get into. Although I'd hope they'd move on and do something a bit different. And make sure you can actually tell there are three guitarists...

Still, I got Faith :)

Fingers crossed!

To be fair though, almost all Maiden albums carry a few duds I reckon. The only album I think I really like from start to end is Powerslave - not a 'weak' song on it IMO.

Seventh Son is a close second, but it's so commercial, I tend not to listen to it as much. I mean, "Can I Play with Madness" is over played. It's the non-chart topping hits that seem to stand the test of time.

But when you see them live, all the rules go out the window! :D

Heh, too fucking right! I've got together a nice little posse of mates to go see 'em once they start touring. It's gonna be just like the old days (two and a half years ago :D) and I can't fucking wait!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Can I Play With Myself, it's the happy cheery intro that gets me, though it ain't bad to listen to. Just don't feel motivated to play it for the umpeenth time. That solo is wicked though, should've been longer!
And about Powerslav...are you sure about Losfer Words, mate? ;)

:lol:

Losfer Words is one of those songs that holds some sentimental value to me. It was one of the first riffs I ever learned on guitar...you can play it with one finger!

hehe...JK I know what you mean. I had a similar experience learning that song.

Regarding Mr Gers......the major problem I have is that he is usually down on knees throwing shapes within about 60 seconds of the opening track! Bit too early for all that me thinks

Originally posted by Symphony
Regarding Mr Gers......the major problem I have is that he is usually down on knees throwing shapes within about 60 seconds of the opening track! Bit too early for all that me thinks

What do you mean by 'throwing shapes' there Symphony?

Posing, jumping, waving limbs around, I think he means ;) sorry to put words in your mouth Symph! Hope they're the right ones! :lol:

And after that story, there is no way I could possibly hold Losfer Words against yer now! :D

Originally posted by Ayeka
Posing, jumping, waving limbs around, I think he means ;) sorry to put words in your mouth Symph! Hope they're the right ones! :lol:

And after that story, there is no way I could possibly hold Losfer Words against yer now! :D

Exactly right Ayeka.....Janick does far too much of that too early

Hyperactive git. I wish he payed a bit more attention to his playing...sheesh.

Janick, if you're reading this, I have two words for you: "alternate" and "picking". :lol: And stop playing all the bits that Adrian used to play (and wrote)! Blasphemy.

Next time I see Maiden (soon! soon! soon!) I might keep an eye out on Mr G just to see how long it takes him to start going mad ;) but if he's got this energy, if something of a gift for guys getting on into middle age. I refuse to hold it against him :D