Live After Death or A Real Live Dead Ones?

Live After Death vs Real Live Dead One

• Live After Death

Votes: 21 95.5%
  • Real Live Dead One

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
I think Live After Death has MUCH more atmosphere than A Real Live/Dead Ones too though...

Listen to Revelations near the end where in between each part of the main riff the crowd roars in time as Bruce throws his arms up in the air hehe. (Well you can't see him do that on the CD but you know that's what he's doing because he does it on the video haha)

Apart from Fear Of The Dark, I don't think the crowd noise is very atmospheric at all on ARL/DO. That's just me though. Heheh.

Live After Death was one of the albums that introduced me to Maiden 15 years ago (has it really been that long?)

A Real Live/Dead One is a disgrace that wouldn't encourage anyone to listen to them. Good track selection ruined by half-arsed performances and godawful mixing & production.

Live at Donington. Haven't heard it. Ergo, no comment.

W

Live At Donnington is a big improvement over the A Real Live Dead One, it should have been the 'big' release with the A Real... being the limited edition.
That being said, it is still a pretty poor effort when compared to other live albums released around the same period by other bands.
Track selection was pretty generic too.