Live album?

Dave and I talked about this today & he said he figures they'd need a couple more studio albums before they'd have enough content for a live cd. Of course, just 'Test of Wills' and 'In The End' would fill up over half of a cd..so I guess one never knows! :)

I do know for a fact that they'd love to play ProgPower again, though; they had a blast playing at the first one! :)

That's a real shame. I suppose it's down to many things, not least of which are the costs of producing one vs the money to be made from one.
Ok, maybe I can interest the guys in putting out a special edition with live bonus tracks? *closes eyes and wishes*

Dave hasn't been here to respond to this thread himself because he's had computer problems since the weekend..I think he had the problem fixed as of last night, though, so hopefully he'll be back soon.

I love the 'live bonus tracks' idea..don't know that the label would go for it, or that the guys could foot the bill to do something like that on their own, but it's definitely a cool idea. :)

It'd be fantastic if it could be done. Living here in the UK, there's just not much opportunity to hear great bands playing live. Most of my experience of prog bands playing live is from cd or DVD/video.....which is why I have tickets for BOTH Dream Theater nights in October!! That's going to rule!
Now, if PofO will just fly over, kill DT, and play instead of them....

I'd have to agree with Dave on this one, at least at the moment, I don't feel we have enough material to support a live CD- of course, one good thing it would have going for it would be the fact that we haven't beaten touring everywhere to death, and it would be a way for some of our fans to check out "the real deal" per se-

Maybe after another CD or two, we could look at a full live CD. Hmmm, let's see: "Test of Wills", "In the End", "Only a Dream" and (going out on a limb for one of my favorites) "Rooms of Anguish"= one full CD...how hard could it be? LOL.

I wouldn't have an issue with putting a live bonus track on a CD- if I can get Dave to NOT FILL ONE UP WITH NEW MATERIAL.

BTW, did I say "Rooms of Anguish" is my fav new tune? Yeah, I did...it's because it ROCKS!!! **pats self on back**

ARGH!!!! I think I'm as much or more hyped about this CD coming out as everyone else is...LOL.

Sorry for breaking my thin shell of self-composure :lol:

CH

Jeez Chris...Calm down dude...your excitement for the new CD seems to be a bit overwhelming...you're causing a scene man!!! :lol:

Actually, I love the idea of a live CD, but I think after a couple more CD's then maybe we'd have enough material to choose from. It will definately be a 2 CD set, with at least one of the 20 minute songs on each disc ;)
But I guess I can bend for Chris' sake and not write 80 minutes worth of new music for the next CD :lol: It's gonna be tough though... I guess then and maybe then we can actually consider putting on a bonus track or two or even putting together a multimedia disc with pro live videos. I guess we have another year to consider what we want to do. ;)
But it's definately an idea worth looking into.

Dave