'A Toast to Mankind' available for download

Ok, it's another huge winner!! Seems a lot more straight forward, more singing going on, and quite uniform, as much as P of O can be ;)

I love the way this band is not affraid to experiment with harmony. Using harmonic ideas that seem unusual, but they still "groove" and "work".
I'm becoming a big fan of the singing, and I sing along (badly) a lot with the other songs. I'll probably try wailing along with this over the next few weeks.

Second listen now, and man, is there some sweet unison playing in this!! And once again, the drums, all the way through, always amazing to listen to with so many neat ideas and soloing on the hi hat. The guitar sounds incredible and really tight in the rhythm, too. Great phrasing and playing on the lead phrases.

In short, it's fucking amazing!

lol the end of it makes me think of the ice cream truck, when it drives around with that chiming sound. Both times, for a split second, I thought there was an ice cream truck outside.

Lee. In "dufus" mode.

Cool posts!!! :)

Glad you all like the music so far...it's definately a good feeling to know that our music is still accepted. ;)

As for Chris' vocal harmonies.... all of the harmonies were overbudded in the studio... however, live, Chris Herring will be handling all of the higher harmonies...which he has absolutely no problems handling...it's just watching him play his bass parts and trying to sing backup is what's gonna be fun... :lol:

;) Just teasing ya Chris...

Dave

I know that problem. My band is currently writing stuff for our demo CD. We've been talking about backing vocals, and I'll be doing some when we (eventually) perform live.
I have to be careful not to get stuck with a vocal line over a piece of intricate playing.

Originally posted by Dave - Power of Omens
it's just watching him play his bass parts and trying to sing backup is what's gonna be fun... :lol:

Dave's just glad that he doesn't have to sing the backup parts anymore..hehe :lol:

Ah yes..the Riverwalk. Awesome place, like Dave said..I'd go there every weekend if I could. Simply beautiful. :)