New song ready for downloading!

Awesome! I love it! This could become my favorite PofO song! I had chills for the first two minutes of the song...some Native American music influence there?

I can sit back, close my eyes and lose myself in this song!! Wonderful..... :worship:

Dave, can you post the lyrics to this one too? :)

Later,
Stacy (think I need to disable my exclamation point key LOL)

I'm not Dave, but here are the lyrics :)

As darkness falls upon,
I can see ahead.
The snow falls from a blackened sky.
As winter falls...

Watching the clouds drift away slowly,
Awaiting the coldest point of night.

I’ll do my best to
Warm my bones by the fire.
Listen to the howl of the wind
Getting stronger and stronger.

My life, I’ll sacrifice.
Is it worth to feel this way?
My life is growing stronger.
My life, I’ll sacrifice.

As Winter Falls, it falls,
As Winter Falls

My life is for no one...

Let me come along,
I’ll be there ‘till the end.
Let me come along,
I’ll follow ‘till the end.
Please oh Please....
No, don’t walk away,
And leave me where I stand.
Erosion taking place with every gust of wind to hit my face,
A part of my soul,
Released from body...no
Just let me go.

My life, I’ll sacrifice.
My life, I’ll sacrifice.

As Winter Falls, it falls,
As Winter Falls

(Instrumental)
(Keys Solo)
(Guitar Solo)

Listen to the sound of
My heart pounding.
Adrenaline intensifies,
With every second passing.
Why should I be so ashamed?
To ask for mercy...
Show the light I’ll find the way,
I’ll find the way.

My life is for no one else, except for me and my God.

Originally posted by Lady of the Oracle
I'm not Dave, but here are the lyrics :)

Thanks Jax,
I was gonna post them as soon as I got home, but you beat me to it. ;)

I'm really glad you liked the song Stacy... The intro is definately Native American influenced, and with the wind effect and Chris' voice, that whole intro becomes such an mental/emotional ride. Aside from Flamenco, I've always been a huge fan of N.A. flute work...it just has such a natural "earthy" kinda vide to it....one of those "close your eyes and your there" kinda feel. It's definately different from your normal prog metal... :lol:

~D

Wow, another winner. The guitar sounds beefy on this.
I read what Fatamorgana said before hearing it, I was expecting something a little more overt. But it sounds a little Japanese to me, what with the pentatonic harmony, and the slightly desolate sounding, intro.
But then pentatonic harmony isn't unique to Japanese music, and it tends to be the basis for a lot of ethnic music, like many African musics use major pentatonic harmony. Ok, I'm rambling.

Ace tune, but it's not my favourite so far. The instrumental section is fantastic, though.
Chris's ability to sing over odd times and over complex orchestrations is nothing short of amazing.
I'm guessing he has a pretty solid grasp on, at the very least, the theory of rhythm and time signatures.
Great stuff.

Originally posted by Dave - Power of Omens
The intro is definately Native American influenced~D
you know what, that is so funny...when I was listening to the intro I thought, damn, that sounds just like my Burning Sky cds!
(for those unfamiliar, Burning Sky plays meditative acoustic guitar/native american flute/percussion stuff, and on the latest adds a bit of mandolin)

Originally posted by lizard
you know what, that is so funny...when I was listening to the intro I thought, damn, that sounds just like my Burning Sky cds!
(for those unfamiliar, Burning Sky plays meditative acoustic guitar/native american flute/percussion stuff, and on the latest adds a bit of mandolin)

I've always found that type of music to be so relaxing...so I've always messed around with musical ideas in that style. The intro to that song, was something I had for sometime, and when I showed it to Chris, the vocal melodies he came up with just blew me away. So we decided to use it for the CD.

~D

All four of these new songs are awesome!!!!!! As Winter Falls!!!! MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This may be my favorite song of the year!!!!! For sure one of the best songs I have ever heard! Damn, I can't wait to get this! :)