Song #3 from RoA available for download!

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
Yep, folks, it's that time again..time for another sneak peak into Rooms of Anguish! This song is called Only a Dream..those of you who have/have heard the band's demo from years ago will recognize this song, only now the lyrics have changed & some of the solos have been updated..like a new and improved version of the tune!

For those of you in Europe who prefer to use a server closer to you, check the website; the Euro server should have the song by sometime Tuesday.

As always, let us know what you think!

Power of Omens - Only a Dream.mp3

Jax & Power of Omens :)

Just downloaded it. First thing I noticed is it's short in comparison to the others.
I wondered if it'd be like this; so far, all the songs have been fairly rocking throughout. It's nice to hear the guys switching gears and playing slowly and softly.

The drums are much more typical sounding, but they still manage to do some really fantastic things.
Really nice and understated vocals. Keyboards blend along really nicely, as they should on a track like this. The guitar arpeggio is lovely. But I suppose it's the bass playing that really shines here, imo.
Damn, do these guys ever get anything wrong???

Knowing there's a different version with different solo's, man, I want to hear it! But a cracking harmonised guitar solo, with really good artificial harmonics. I can see many players will really dig Dave's playing, if only they get to hear it!!
The bass playing behind the solo is fantastic.

This puts me in mind of something I was thinking about last night. I was listening to a Lilitu song, a soft acoustic number. But Lilitu hadn't played sympathetically to their composition. All the guitars were played really hard, and the keyboards were way to loud.
On this track, however, the playing is really gentle and nice (even when the drums do the little licks on the snare, they still sound soft).

Another absolute winner, but a very different track. Sorry for prattering on. There's just a lot to be said about this band's music.
Okay, let's have a second listen...

Originally posted by lizard
thankfully, or we might have to wonder...:lol:
Yeah, you never know with Lee..

*recalls the 'Lee in a dress' thing over on the SA board & laughs*

*runs for her life from Lee*

hehe :)

Hmm..mention Lee in a dress & suddenly Chris posts.. coincidence? I think not..

Lee, if you own a pink boa, hide it now!

*giggles & hides from Chris* ;)

Originally posted by Chris H. -Power of Omens
If you guys keep making fun of my pink boa, I'll have to exchange it for a lime green one. You're starting to hurt my feelings...LOL

Naah stick with the pink, Chris..green's not your color. ;)

Jax<--will play nice now :lol:

Very different from normal Power of Omens stuff, but VERY good! Beautiful guitar work and Arellano was doing a laid back groove. I still can't wait to hear the instrumental and the epic. I have a feeling that this instrumental is going to have some of the best musicianship ever recorded in the progressive genre. Maybe even give Spastic Ink a run for their money. Hopefully the epic will rival "A Change of Seasons", but that is asking a little much ;)