Live at Eindhoven 87 out on April 14th

Mark and Craig are usually pretty good at answering emails and posts(mostly Mark on the board) sometimes Jason but not as much anymore.Anyway I've been talking to them for a couple years now( I guess one of the benefits of not being super huge) and this is the most psyched I have seen them in a while.They say it is there heaviest album in a very long time ( I know they said that last time) but I've been on their asses and I think they really mean it this time.Mark said he is usually sick of the album by this point.It was supposed to come out in March but I think they are really taking their time.Which is good.The only thing I'm nervous about is that they are still not really writing as a whole band.

cool. hopefully its released by september. i really liked dreams of death

i think jelly jam is the band that has either ruddess or myung in it.

which dokken album is the one with reb beach? i have them all but don't listen to them much. if its "erase the slate" thats one of the better dokken albums

Yeah, Myung is in Jelly Jam. I don't know about the Reb Beach Dokken records cause I didn't touch them after Lynch left. Wait, I just checked Beach's site and yep, he did play on Erase the Slate.

Dreams of Death was a good album,If I were Eric's family I'd be a little nervous about those lyrics !.Although that label they were on wouldn't spring for a good producer or much studio time and I think the album suffered a bit for it.I hope the bass is louder this time, Ward is awesome !

Dreams of Death was a good album,If I were Eric's family I'd be a little nervous about those lyrics !.Although that label they were on wouldn't spring for a good producer or much studio time and I think the album suffered a bit for it.I hope the bass is louder this time, Ward is awesome !

i know you mentioned you like/liked twisted sister earlier. no clue if you still do but recently they've released a bunch of stuff. there is a cd/dvd combo of a 2004 live at the astoria, in june a 25th anniversary edition of stay hungry is coming out with a 2nd disc of demo's and unreleased tunes from those sessions plus 1 new track and in 2010 a brand new studio album of original material is planned

Yeah, Myung is in Jelly Jam. I don't know about the Reb Beach Dokken records cause I didn't touch them after Lynch left. Wait, I just checked Beach's site and yep, he did play on Erase the Slate.

erase the slate's title track is one of the heavier dokken tunes. after that about 3 more songs are old school sounding but the rest is filler. the new dokken album sounds pretty 1980's even though lynch and pilson are not in the band. the guitar player on the new album seems to be trying to copy lynch's style

Yeah, I've heard a couple of the newer Dokken tunes and it's like their trying to be what they once were, without the guys who with them. Kinda disapointing, but that's just my opinion.

Yeah, I've heard a couple of the newer Dokken tunes and it's like their trying to be what they once were, without the guys who with them. Kinda disapointing, but that's just my opinion.

thats true. i own everything george lynch has released including his new band souls of we

Still waiting.
I was on Testament's site and I think I like the picture on their tour flier better then the cover of their album.I wish I could get a hold of one of those.

Freakin finally !! after 22 years I actually have it! Now I better go listen to it and hope I didn't get the one made just before closing on Friday....SWEET

Got it !! Good to hear those unreleased tracks :headbang:
But I can't hear the leads on DOTW..... is it me or what ?

Alex Skolnick writes in the liner notes that the location was an abandoned air field but he is mistaken. The second time Testament performed at DOA the location was an abandoned air field. That was not the case in 1987.

In fact the festival ground in 1987 was a huge parking lot, smack in the middle of the center of the city, just behind the Dynamo club where the band performed a raging set the night before. After that we took them out to the famous 'Stratumsend' a street for about 3 miles long filled with bars and places to eat.

How I know all that? Simply I was there. :) Eindhoven is my hometown.