Live in Finland!

Well, crap.

Guess you can't win them all. Hopefully they'll come again next year, after I'm of age. Who knows, maybe they'll be there and be even better then, one can always hope.

Anyways, have a great time on the shows!

An old trick that can work if the venue also has a restaurant is to make a reservation with a firend or family at let's say 18-19 hrs.
Once in there they are very unlikely to throw you out, so after desert, order a coke, sneak off to a corner and sit quite for a couple of hours until the first band starts. Works every time. :)

If there is no restaurant you're probably out of luck unless you get someone adult and trustwoprthy to call establishement before hand and talk to the responsible guy and get the adult person you bring with you to take full responsibility for you not drinking.
We did that for my brotehr in law at the release party for Become if I remember correctly.

FOR THOSE COMING ABROAD TO HELSINKI
I thought to spare some time to give pointers for those of who might attend abroad, I know already that some people from Sweden, Norway and Ireland are coming for sure to our Helvation Festival. ...well and many from northern Finland that is actually more expensive than for example from Stockholm :D

First of all, don't be afraid to ask - I will try to answer if I only can. The flights etc. are most likely as easy to find for others as for me too. I will suggest to search flights to Helsinki-Vantaa airport. For example Ryanair has flights to Tampere airport but considering the train prices in Finland and time lost I would suggest to head to Helsinki unless the price difference is enormous.

Second: People coming from Stockholm/Sweden: There are different possibilities depending in which part of the country you are located. Sometimes flights can be in decent prices and those are of course faster. But ferrys are also a good option. Those of you who want to consider ferry rides I have a useful tip: Join Viking Line's Viking club:
http://www.vikingline.fi/vikingclubse/index.asp
By doing so you will get good amount of discount for travelling with or without a car. Joining the club is free.

About accommodation:
This is dependent on how many people there are. With only one person some hostels can be price-wise alternatives. But in those cases I would recommend to hook with some other foreigners coming so that you will form a bigger unit. Even with 2 or more people I can then give this recommodation: Use Omena Hotelli (apple hotel) and book 4 person room, price will be about 45-60 Euros/night:
http://www.omenahotels.com/en/
So relatively cheap for more than 1 person. Those are nice basic hotels with no actual staff. And most benefitial the locations are great unlike with hostels. The best choice for 3 of those in Helsinki considering the location of the venue is the one on Eerikinkatu, second best is the one on Lönnrotinkatu.

So, these should give some insight. Like said I will try to answer any questions you may have.

Oh - what is the name of that place that comes in and films shows that you can watch on the web? I think they also make a DVD of the show and you can purchase it. Hell, I'd buy a digital download of a show if you could afford to get it recorded and put up for sale! I doubt that I'm ever going to be able to see you guys live!

Hi!

We like to join Seventh Wonder in Finland! But, we come from Holland, so we skip school to see you play! :D
But, when the plane lands in Tampere, what train must we take to Helsinki? And, does anyone have an idea where to sleep? :p

Greetz!

@LLuna: you can apparently book tickets on www.eurail.com and maybe even on www.nshispeed.nl. On top of that you can book your ticket on the spot with the VR ticket office. And if trains are full there are apparently express busses from Tampere to Helsinki-Vantaa airport. (that's the information I managed to find online. Hope it helps!)

:D

First of all, don't be afraid to ask - I will try to answer if I only can. The flights etc. are most likely as easy to find for others as for me too. I will suggest to search flights to Helsinki-Vantaa airport. For example Ryanair has flights to Tampere airport but considering the train prices in Finland and time lost I would suggest to head to Helsinki unless the price difference is enormous.

So, these should give some insight. Like said I will try to answer any questions you may have.

Hi - Thinking of coming over but can only make the Turku gig. If I fly into Helsinki - how long a drive is it? Also do you know if the venue has a website? Couldn't really find it in Google, LOL!

Thanks!!!
Mare

Hi!

We like to join Seventh Wonder in Finland! But, we come from Holland, so we skip school to see you play! :D
But, when the plane lands in Tampere, what train must we take to Helsinki? And, does anyone have an idea where to sleep? :p

Greetz!

Cello already helped but here is some more information.
For trains in Finland there is only one company:
http://www.vr.fi/eng/
There you can preorder tickets online. In Finland trains and busses are quite expensive but you can get 50% off if you are a student. However, you must have your student card with you. Trains and busses do travel on about every hour between Tampere and Helsinki. Some price and duration differencies depending on the used train.

On what time does your airline land to/leave from Tampere? Busses to centrum do not drive in night hours. I would say that there is not a big risk that the transportations to Helsinki are full, I would consentrate more do find out how to travel from Tampere airport to the railway station in centrum and later on back. If you don´t have night time arrival or departure then everything should be ok.

EDIT: About the sleeping I already posted some information. Or do you mean in Tampere? In there I would recommend the same hotel chain :)

Hi everyone! :)

We like to go to Helsinki at november 12th! We travel with Ryanair, but on sunday the plane leaves too early to catch the train from Helsinki to Tampere! Please, is there some one who can help me? :] We'll travel all the way just to be at the Helvation Festival!
Maybe we can e-mail? My e-mail adress is: spongiebob_squarepants1@hotmail.com

Thanx!
LLuna

@ Cello: Thank you! I'll see if I can get there this way!

P.S. Ook Nederlands? ;)

Just knowing that SW will be playing on my birthday somewhere in the world (Nov 13th) will have to do for now...

I will see you guys play live again somewhere!!!!

Updated with location of the second gig!

If I remember correctly the Jyväskylä-gig was by far the warmest place we've ever played. It is going to be interesting to see if it is the same way (assuming it's the same venue)

Yes Andreas, the place will be the same and YES, it WILL be hot! :D You should have seen the bands that played there during the summer (which was maybe the hottest ever in Finland...) :lol: See ya there!

EDIT: Just remember to drink enough fluids. :D

For trains in Finland there is only one company:
http://www.vr.fi/eng/
There you can preorder tickets online. In Finland trains and busses are quite expensive but you can get 50% off if you are a student. However, you must have your student card with you.
However as far as I know, to get the discount you need to have a Finnish student card (which include a logo for VR for the discount) so unfortunately you won't be getting the discount with a foreign student card.

LLuna: What time is your plane leaving on Sunday? If it's already the 10am flight to Bremen then in worst case you might just have to take the 2.15am bus from Helsinki to Tampere right after the Helvation fest ends and arrive downtown Tampere 5am, then take a bus or a taxi to the airport.

However as far as I know, to get the discount you need to have a Finnish student card (which include a logo for VR for the discount) so unfortunately you won't be getting the discount with a foreign student card.

This is incorrect, also with a (official) international student card one should be permitted to that discount. However, it is best to check that your card is valid for this (however they may accept it anyway but just to be sure) beforehand.

This is incorrect, also with a (official) international student card one should be permitted to that discount. However, it is best to check that your card is valid for this (however they may accept it anyway but just to be sure) beforehand.
See http://www.vr.fi/eng/junaliput/liput/opiskelijalippu.shtml - It's said there pretty clearly that they're not interested in sponsoring foreign students studying outside Finland with their discount: "VR grants a student discount for such foreign students in Finnish educational establishments who meet the specified student-discount conditions. Students in educational establishments abroad are not entitled to a VR student discount."

Anyhow to add something more useful to this topic: for people interested in coming from Norway or Sweden you might want to check out www.norwegian.com, they sometimes have some really good direct flight prices from Oslo or Stockholm to Helsinki.

Shit, it seems that you are absolutely correct! This must have changed or something since some years ago friend of mine was entitled to student discounts. My Bad! Thanks for "pollution" for pointing out this false information!!! This makes it more and more wiser to get direct flights to Helsinki instead of Tampere if that is possible - unless the money is not an issue :p

Hi,

the drive from Helsinki to Turku is maybe little less than 2 hours.

Here is the website of the Klubi in Turku:
http://klubi.net/home_eng.php?ch_lang=1

Thanks for the info! The drive up looks pretty easy from Helsinki, but the club's website doesn't show this gig on their events page. What's up with that, I wonder? Since it is not that far in the future I'd think the gig would be posted by now. Is it surely a solid gig? I really hope so, and that it isn't a wash that was caught in the scan nightmare our SW guys got slammed with!

Thanks!
Mare

Thanks for the info! The drive up looks pretty easy from Helsinki, but the club's website doesn't show this gig on their events page. What's up with that, I wonder? Since it is not that far in the future I'd think the gig would be posted by now. Is it surely a solid gig? I really hope so, and that it isn't a wash that was caught in the scan nightmare our SW guys got slammed with!

Thanks!
Mare

As far as I can tell (according to what I have spoken with the promoter of Sam Agency who is responsible for Turku&Jyväskylä gigs) everything should be in order. Maybe they have not yet decided the ticket prices yet or something... But I would not be worried, to my knowledge the venue is booked already a sometime ago. And thus SW is first arriving to Turku and then return back to Stockholm from Helsinki on Sunday. I can post more information about those two other gigs too when I have something to tell.

EDIT: Actually the gig is already there. You must first choose the right "Klubi" since there is one also in Tampere. :)
Thursday 11.11.
LIVE: SEVENTH WONDER

SEVENTH WONDER (SWE), SIMULACRUM

Doors 8pm

And here you can buy presale tickets (I doubt that it will be sold out but in your case better safe than sorry, hah!!!)
http://www.tiketti.fi/event/9473