Live On The Edge of Forever question

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Hello.
Can someone tell me if the live 2CD set is one complete concert, or, like most live albums, is it a collection of live recordings over various nights on a tour from different cities?

Thanks.

Is it particularly different and awesome to want to have, or is it just good to complete the discography?

Visions of Europe (the real live Strato title) is probably one of the best live cds I've heard in the last bunch of years,sound-wise.
I'm not 100% fond of the SOUND on the Sy-X live discs, but it was gold for those who hadn't seen the band live. I'd say it's worth it for the live tracks you don't get to hear anymore, as well as completing the collection. :)

Oh, and sorry about the "edit" above, hit the wrong button. I haven't been this buzzed off of beer for a while....:lol:

I love Live on the Edge of Forever. I recommed that all fans of the band get this album. The second disc alone... just amazing. Divine Wings live, ending off with Allen's perfect vocals... fuckin' eh! Although the first disc is most of V, I still prefer the second disc. The songs just sound really good live and it sounds like it's from 1 show when you hear it (I'm sure a lot of the songs in a row are from the same show, so that's good news for you).

Is it particularly different and awesome to want to have, or is it just good to complete the discography?
I absolutely love it, especially disc 2. As it's been said, the version of "Through the Looking Glass" is spectacular. Come to think of it, everything on disc 2 is just amazing. Russel absolutely KILLS on Church, and Romeo is just on the ball start to finish. You should definitely own it.

And everybody loves the part in Of Sins And Shadows after the intro when the band stops playing and Russell wishes everybody good night followed by his godly voice singing "Passing through the void..." :kickass:

man i thought i knew the answer to this question until i read this thread haha. all i know is that the songs 'through the looking glass' and 'divine wings of tragedy' on this album like pretty much bring me to tears they are so beautiful.