The Edge of Forever - live?

skorze

New Metal Member
Jun 26, 2011
Has Symphony X ever played Edge of Forever live? I've turned up nothing via YouTube and Google. Probably my favorite Symphony X song and I can't find a single live recording. I'm interested in Winter's Dream I and II as well as Whispers.

Sidenote - play Pittsburgh instead of Cleveland next time!

Nope, never played it. None of those actually. They only started touring after Twilight in Olympus so they focused on Divine wings´s songs and Twilight´s songs for the live shows.
The only song ive heard they played from Damnation Game album was dressed to kill, correct me if im wrong.

The Edge of Forever was played in a Progpower if I know my history correctly. Only been done once

This is correct. After a show in 2007 I got a chance to talk to Russ about it. He said that when they played it, they didn't like the way it sounded; it just didn't feel right. He said the band has jammed on it a few times since then, but it just never really "clicked." I can understand this. Some songs are just "album" songs only, regardless of how great they are. Awakenings, for example.

The only other songs that the band has played from The Damnation Game are the title track and Dressed.

On a side note, it was also at this show that Mike Lepond told me that we'd never hear Frontiers played live because not enough people are familiar with it.

Yep, they played it at PPUSA2 in 11/01.. will never forget it because they wished me a happy birthday just before playing it. *grin*

This is correct. After a show in 2007 I got a chance to talk to Russ about it. He said that when they played it, they didn't like the way it sounded; it just didn't feel right. He said the band has jammed on it a few times since then, but it just never really "clicked." I can understand this. Some songs are just "album" songs only, regardless of how great they are. Awakenings, for example.

The only other songs that the band has played from The Damnation Game are the title track and Dressed.

On a side note, it was also at this show that Mike Lepond told me that we'd never hear Frontiers played live because not enough people are familiar with it.

Thats too bad, I dig that song. I wish it was available to us. I foundit on youtube.

Oh and i just thought of something. How can they make the Odyssey work but not tEoF? Is it the chorus? the clean parts?