The Edge of Forever

haha thanx Gentlemen...it means alot comming from you ;)

Through the looking glass is a brilliant song, to me its the Edge of Forever of TiO (Or the Edge of forever is the Trough the looking glass of the Damnation Game depending on whether you wanna look at the glass half empty or half full!)

PS: dude you shouldn't talk about bootlegs in the forums, nore should you have any... So for your own sake keep it to yourself, or be honest and don't mix yourself up in that shiz!

It's kind of ironic that TtLG is my favorite song of all time but the only SX album I don't own is TiO... Although it should arrive in the mail shortly via Glenn the Merchandise guy :D

proulxski said:
PS: dude you shouldn't talk about bootlegs in the forums, nore should you have any... So for your own sake keep it to yourself, or be honest and don't mix yourself up in that shiz!

People have been bootlegging concerts for a long time, and I'm not about to stop collecting them. Any time I miss being at a live show, I just put a bootleg on.

I don't see the problem with it. The people weren't selling the bootlegs. I'm not selling them. It's not like you're not going to buy a CD because you have a live bootleg, because as most people know, the quality of the boots usually suck. I'm not about to skip a SymX show that I'd be able to go to just because I have a bootleg.

Now if I were selling them, that'd be a different story. But I'm not, so no harm done.

just don't discuss it hear alright? Since its not supported by the band or many people in the forums.

It's kind of ironic that TtLG is my favorite song of all time but the only SX album I don't own is TiO... Although it should arrive in the mail shortly via Glenn the Merchandise guy

haha, its a spectacular song...But if you think TtLg is good, listen to it played live on LOTEOF...So beautiful, its like 30 times better than the studio version

proulxski said:
haha, its a spectacular song...But if you think TtLg is good, listen to it played live on LOTEOF...So beautiful, its like 30 times better than the studio version
Lol, I said I didn't have TiO, therefore I must have listened to it via the live album which I own. And yes, I fucking love that song!

rockyracoon said:
Citing too much new material as an excuse to ignore the old material is insulting. And here is why:

1. Virtually every SX fan has seen Odyssey material. And if you havent, then tough shit, you were living under a rock the past few years.

2. I completely understand the new album getting complete coverage on their next tour, but surely it wont fill an entire show.

3. "V" material has been played, to a lesser extent perhaps, but still the chance to see that material has been there.

4. Plenty of Divine Wings songs have gotten heavy rotation over the years.

5. If SX simply doesnt like Damnation Game, then come out and say you dont like it and that you wont play from it. At least then I could sleep better with a definitive answer. And the production quality of an album is a non-issue when playing the material live, because I've heard that arguement raised as well.

6. Bottom line, SX has never given the fans a even a remote opportunity to see material from SX or Damnation Game live. If they played it and I missed the show, then that would be fine, and my own fault. I just dont understand how you omit such a large part of your catalog. I'm sure Jax is tired of me bitching about this and has a perfectly legitimate reason why it doesnt get played, but I just feel like that material needs to be touched on. I certainly hope others agree...

In case you missed the beating of the dead horse the last time around...

1. And what of the people who will be seeing SX for the first time? There are still a lot of fans out there who haven't beared witness to their greatness ;)

2. I agree with this statement, but it new material should not be sacrificed to make room for older material. It's the new stuff they are promoting when they go out on tour.

3. V has been played and captured live. Prelude through Death of Blanace was the most common grouping during the V tour. However, V there were only 9 shows in North America in support of V. If they want to do a few more numbers on the next tour then more power to them. Evolution, Egypt, and to a lesser extent Communion were the most common choices for the Odyssey tour.

4. Divine....dude, it's Divine wings of Tragedy. It's built to slay. I say let them play whatever they want to off it. It's classic! And it's really the first album where the band was truly a band and worked on it from scratch.

5. Damnation game is what it is. Yes, It's overlooked but the band has played Dressed to Kill several times. The Edge of Forever was performed one time for the crowd at ProgPower II and it was specifically dedicated to the members of the mailing list. So just think, when they decide to play Whispers in the middle of the next tour (not saying they will) but then you can claim that you were the inspiration for it ;) As we know it's all about you on this one :)

6. 2 albums do not represent the bulk of their career. it'll be 2 of 7 by the time the next album comes out. Considering the have toured in support of only 3 album, I'm willing to cut them slack and just let them play. They are a band not a fucking jukebox.

You are obviously entitled to your opinion and I know it's been voiced more than a few times. But can we quit flogging this dead horse? The band will do what they want to do.

just like how they all took a giant shit on my front lawn yesterday, than Romeo did that awsome riff that he does at the start of the damnation game and than they all hopped onto their horse drawn chariot and trotted off...

They still alowd to do wtv they want?

I believe "The Edge of Forever" is the best written Symphony X song... with perhaps their most elegant and touching lyrics. The transitions are seamless... there is such tension... and dynamics... it's a beautiful and powerful piece... with a soaring chorus... and I believe it deserves a place in the band's live repertoire.

I find new bands I like all the time on www.progulus.com . They have thousands of albums on that site and you get to request anything you want :D People are really friendly there too. The best part? Online radio is legal :D

The new Adagio album is on the playlist too so if you haven't bought it or have to wait for the american release, it's in constant rotation almost.