The Edge of Forever - GREAT SONG!!

†Russel Allen†®

The King of Terrors
Jul 25, 2002
SP - Brazil
www.symphonyx.com
I was listening to Damnation Game today, and I was reminding of HOW AMAZING this song is, isn't it?! :)

Close your eyes - and try to remember
discordant lullabies of days gone by.
Close your eyes - on the edge of forever
a chance to dream, fast asleep your nightmare ends.

Definately my favourite song off the album, next are Damnation Game and Dressed to Kill....and the solo from Savage Curtain ROCKS (wish the rest of the song rocked as much).

It still is to this day my favorite album by them (tied with V). None of my FAVORITE songs from them are on it, but the whole album just has this awsome feel to it and I just feel great when I listen to it. IMO the album just has a consistant quality that never lets down, it stays good the whole way through. I also feel nastolgic when I listen to it because its the first album by the band that I heard. I really do hope that they play a few tracks off this one live next time around, I don't even care which songs since I love them all. But Dressed to Kill, Whispers, the Edge of Forever, and either of the winter's dreams (or both ;) )would be excellent. And yes, The Edge of Forever is an amazing song.

My favorite Symphony X song. And one of my Top 3 favorite songs of all time. Thank you MJR and company for creating this breathtaking masterpiece. And yes, The Damnation Game is criminally condoned and is my favorite Symphony X record.

Edge of Forever is definately one of my favourites. (IMO) Accolade and Accolade II combined can only tie with it.

Originally posted by Dtrule
now that I think of it...

it's a shame that in the live album "Live On The Edge Of Forever" they didn't play TEOF!

Totally agreed!!!

By the way, SyX should start playing some songs of The Damnationg Game, for Christ sakes!!

The ones I'd love to hear live, are: The Damnation Game, Dressed to Kill, The Edge of Forever and Savage Curtain! Awesome!! :)