Live Shows!

AprilSuspyre

April in the Winter
Aug 18, 2008
New Jersey
www.myspace.com
Sept. 2nd: Crash Mansion in New York City. No Mercy Metal Showcase. Showtime TBA.

Sept. 5th: Barley Creek Brewing Co. in Tannersville, PA, opening for SHADOW GALLERY's very first show! Doors at 7pm. Suspyre at 7:30pm.
Buy your tickets here!

SGshowflyer_web.jpg

Clay, found this on an old facebook Suspyre fansite I'm a member of. I think it reflects the general opinion of most of the regulars at Progpower:

Kirsty said the following on facebook after that Progpower show:
Yes, these guys need to tour Europe. ProgPower Europe was a great first overseas show and the crowd was loving the music (the only "complaint" was that the setlist was more power than progressive, but after listening to hardcore technical progressive bands it was refreshing to have more power music with hard riffs to ...headbang to). Even with blwon fuses, broken strings and the odd sound mixing (that affected everyone except bands with their own sound guy) the show was a success.

And they get mad props for being the only band to utter the word, "pussyfoot" on stage :D

Youtube's a good a place as any, if you don't mind :p I'm sure the rest of the Progpower people would love to see it as well :) Otherwise emailing me a link or whatever's good too (Slaman84@gmail.com or m.slaman@uva.nl). Thanks man :D

This is show week folks!

We had rehearsal today and we're up to our usual antics. We've got a couple of surprises for those of you coming out to see us! Hope to see you in NYC and/or Tannersville!

How'd the show go yesterday? Did you guys play any new stuff?
I saw on your facebook that it apparently got streamed online, April? Think we'll be able to see footage of that?

How'd the show go yesterday? Did you guys play any new stuff?
I saw on your facebook that it apparently got streamed online, April? Think we'll be able to see footage of that?

I was thinking about putting up a blog about the show. It was one of the only shows where I could hear myself. The sound on the floor is another story, but hearing myself was all I needed to know if I was playing the right song.

Our setlist was:
The Singer
TDS (new song whose title will leak later)
Alterations of the Ivory
Evolutions

It's funny how we played only four songs but it was just under half an hour worth of music!

Until recently, when I started getting on stage with my own band, I never really realized how important the sound on stage was. After that it's pretty much all I hear musicians complain about, cos hardly ever the sound is exactly right. Especially if you haven't gotten to do a sound check yourself. Glad you got to hear yourself properly, Gregg. Was the sound on the floor bad?

You guys only got to play half an hour? Weren't you guys headlining?

Good set though. I'd have killed to hear the new song. Anxious to hear the entire new album :D

Until recently, when I started getting on stage with my own band, I never really realized how important the sound on stage was. After that it's pretty much all I hear musicians complain about, cos hardly ever the sound is exactly right. Especially if you haven't gotten to do a sound check yourself. Glad you got to hear yourself properly, Gregg. Was the sound on the floor bad?

You guys only got to play half an hour? Weren't you guys headlining?

Hey, Cello! The live stream website of last Thursday's show seems to have archives, but they only go to 2009. I'll do a little investigating to see if we can get footage. I didn't hear anyone complain about the sound on the floor, and people that have watched the live stream told me that the sound was incredible... so hopefully thumbs up all around.

Our set was a part of the No Mercy Metal Showcase, so there were a handful of bands that night, no headliners really.

Last night's show with Shadow Gallery was nothing short of pure epic-ness. That has to be the best show we've ever played (at least while I've been in the band) and it was in the middle-of-nowhere, PA yet 250+ Shadow Gallery fans from far and wide showed up and they responded so well to us. They even bought us out of our merch! Great show. Great crowd.

We're really grateful to Shadow Gallery for the honor and opportunity to open for their very first show. Great guys, great set up. Their sound tech and stage crew were awesome, great lighting, they had catered food for the us and their band, and they had fireworks during their first song!

Our hour long set list was as follows (new album titles omitted :heh: ):

The Singer
Last of the Survivors
TDS
FD
Waterburns
SotC
Alterations of the Ivory
Evolutions

Big thanks to all who came out and supported us! Gabe got some good behind the scenes footage, too, so look forward to it in the new album! :headbang:

Note to self: Must wear platform shoes to let crowd see me behind double tiered keyboards, ha!

My Son and I were at the show Sunday night, you were all incredible. Awsome show. And April, you are correct, you need platforms :) We were dead center at the front and all I could see was your legs. And to those out there who did not hear the new songs, they were awsome as well, can't wait for the new CD. :headbang: :headbang:

THREE new songs? Damn...now I'm even more jealous of you people that got to attend. Not only for seeing Shadow Gallery live first but also for hearing THREE new Suspyre songs...wow...

You guys really need a European tour to go with your new album :D