Live sound guys Urgent help please!

pikachu69

mixomatic 2000
Jun 7, 2010
New Zealand
I am building a PA for a touring band I will be doing FOH for the national league of their tour. It is a large band and they require 7 seperate monitor sends, which is fine, but that only leaves me with 3 more sends (32 - 10 snake) to get from the mix position to the speakers. I usually run a DBX drive rack 260 in my FOH rack so I have the control from the mix position but I require 4 sends, stereo highs and lows.

My question: what if I went stereo highs and mono sub?

I have never run subs in mono live before and I want to make sure it will not kill the bottom end as it is a regaae band that requires a generous amount of bottom end. I will be running 8 JBL PRX618S-XLF subs.

Any thoughts, experiences etc.
Discuss?

Cheers.

When it comes to live sound I prefer to run everything mono so I get the same mix everywhere in the room, unless there are specific stereo effects needed, but then typically only a percentage of the audience will properly hear it anyway. About running subs mono, I don't see any drawback doing that since all that low end junk is pretty much unidirectional.

Great thank you guys so very much.
I didn't think it would be a drama but since I have never done it I just wanted to ask to be sure.
As always you guys are legends!!

Cheers.