local tag-board issues

Pinkeisch

Nov 22, 2004
it seems that the plethora of problems with the new tag board make it far worse than the old board.

- broken archive
- no auto-refresh (this is by far the worst issue and causes a lot of confusion among the new listeners)
- html links rarely work
- smilies are broken
- spam blocker is exasperating and causes me to have to re-type at least 25% of my messages

I for one cast a vote for getting the old tag-board back on the site. I know many (if not all) other people on the tag board have expressed the same opinion.

well my dear Pinkeisch.. the non auto-refresh not only causes problems to the new listeners.. but also to us the regular users of the !&!/"!&%$ tag board.. :puke:

also that some of our regular friends here have left the site for the same reason.. because cannot endure the freeeking tag board..

The spam blocker.. i don´t know if its a real spam or what!.. my question is: what is what the spam blocker is blocking? or what words or signals are gotten as spam??

u speak about the 25% of your messages.. i guess for me are the 75% of messages.. and without counting that almost all the users of the tag board (me included) are in our regular jobs.. so we can´t lose time repeating over and over again until the spam let us post our messages... :bah:

and now the other problem.. that has to do with the auto-refreshing is that about 1 or 2 minutes away from the site.. I lose the trhread of the conversation because i can´t no longer open the archive link.. so i cant know what was said after i said something..

agrh.. its really annoying and frustrating.. :cry:

be 2 with my vote (and add all the votes for the users of the tag board that have still not come here to express our frustration)..

so i hope sooner than later the old tag board (from tag-board.com) will be up again... it was all fine with it. .

:worship:

Throwing in my two cents. (cha-ching)

The new tag-board is too labor intensive and yeah, I lose about 2/3 posts due to the "spam" blocker.

Blast it, :hotjump: and bring the old tag-board back. Please please please.

Perhaps we should be working at our jobs, ( :loco: ) (riiiggghht) but at least with the old board we lost much less time and it was much easier to keep track of everyone and everything.

Rock on peeps :headbang: and hopefully we'll get the old one back!

Well, I could say that it's not a big problem for me because I don't use the new tag-board too much . . . but the reason I DON'T use it is because it's totally bogus man! :err:

Hmmm . . . maybe in the long run this will turn out to be a good experience because we will have learned to appreciate the old tag-board just a little bit more . . . ? :erk: I dunno! But YES, we should definitely go back to the old tag-board until we can find a superior replacement. And I say "WE", not simply Chan . . . because the man's got enough to deal with. So come on progged peoples! Let's help out Chan Proggedmeister and find a viable tag-board solution to fit EVERYONE'S needs!!! :headbang:

And remember . . . Always look on the Progged side of life! :Spin:

I agree the old tag board was better. I haven't been active on the biard in a while partly due to work but having tried the new tag board and experiencing the same frustrations noted above I don't bother going on the board. So count me as a vote to bring the old board back.

Thanks Chan. I know that setting up tag boards is a lot of effort, and probably not something that you wholeheartedly enjoy, but I think the occasional down time of the old tag board is worth not having to put up with idiosyncracies of the current board.

Okay everyone, here's an idea for the tag-board solution. Tell me all what you think of it.

I think it would be a great idea to start up a permanent Progged Radio chat room using AOL instant messenger. I'm not exactly sure how to do it because I've never done it before, but I'd be more than willing to look into setting it up for Chan--I'm sure it wouldn't be complicated at all.

Let me know what you think people . . . I really think this would making chatting about the music and other things significantly more enjoyable. And we'd probably get more people chatting with us too because a lot of people use AIM. There definitely wouldn't be any refreshing issues with AIM, and we can have all the smileys we want!:Spin:

Chan could maybe even keep the tag-board on the site, but also have a link on the Now Playing page that opens a window to the chat room if the person is signed on to AIM--or maybe just some text informing people about the Progged Now Playing Chat Room.