Logic 9 you absolute turd.

setyouranchor

Celestial Recordings
May 17, 2010
North Wales, UK
I'm trying to print my drums and this is a ball ache.

Im using SSD (16 x stereo output) all hooked up, mixed and ready to print.

However, I cant seem to find the freeze button...strange. Did some research, read part of the manual and ... Logic cannot freeze multi output instruments :(

I dont know if this is the same in other DAWs but I dont understand why.

Is there any other way around this? I really dont want to have Kontakt running the whole time

As I'm programming all drums together on one MIDI track with Kontakt. However each element of the drum is going to its own output so I have mixed all parts individually, but playing through on MIDI track if that makes sense?

If I bounce in place, it bounces the whole MIDI file with all drums together. Ideally I wanted to bounce each element, e.g. kick, snare, tom 1 etc with their own seperate channel incase anything else needs adjusting and then just freeze the track containing Kontakt.

send the stereo-outs as inputs of new audio-stereo tracks.
then press record.

done

is kontakt a cpu killer on your machine?
it is pain in the ass on my mbp

Thats what I'm doing man and thats fine its just I cant freeze the instrument track with Kontakt on because its a Multi Output instrument :(

yeh it proper hogs it on my macbook!

This work around is a cunt, but it works. Basically you press the little plus button next to the instrument track, and get enough aux outs for the instrument you're trying to print, then route the outputs of that to busses 1-12 in the case of SSD, then create 12 new STEREO audio tracks (don't know why but it will output stereo) and make the inputs of those new audio tracks busses 1 - 12, press record and you have multitrack drums!

This work around is a cunt, but it works. Basically you press the little plus button next to the instrument track, and get enough aux outs for the instrument you're trying to print, then route the outputs of that to busses 1-12 in the case of SSD, then create 12 new STEREO audio tracks (don't know why but it will output stereo) and make the inputs of those new audio tracks busses 1 - 12, press record and you have multitrack drums!

thats exactly what im doing but i just cant freeze kontakt :/

it hogs my cpu but i cant freeze multi output instruments in logic

Right click the output tracks in the mixer. Choose 'create arranger track' for each track... then bounce in place. You might have to create empty regions on the tracks, but it should work.

What I think setyouranchor is trying to say he wants to shut off kontakt without "removing" the plugin/instrument.

Bouncing out seems like there is no problem, but turning off the plugin/instrument is.

I'm sorry I can't help you more. I'm no Logic expert.

Removing the plugin/instrument would solve it... But then you'd loose all your settings and what not.

Unless you solve this problem, I've got one more reason not switching to logic :D

I'm sorry I can't help you more. I'm no Logic expert.

Removing the plugin/instrument would solve it... But then you'd loose all your settings and what not.

Unless you solve this problem, I've got one more reason not switching to logic :D

Yeh, I'm really not into deleting the plug in, means I cant go back and tweak if I need to. Piss take!

Thanks anyway dude

Assuming you've printed your drums, why don't you just bypass the instrument? Or am I way off?

Thats what I cant do, logic doesnt let you freeze/bypass multi output instruments :(

id just save the patch/midi etc in another project.

isnt there a way of bouncing stems from busses? theres a tutorial on the apple website about it, think you have to get the bus in the arrange view first and then pencil in a region at the start.

What do you mean in a seperate project?

Also, I'll look into bouncing stems from busses but I'm still stuck with not being able to freeze/bypass Kontakt

Ok, I literally just bypassed Kontakt in logic, I routed my drums to separate outs in kontakt, routed those to separate stereo buses in logic, then to audio tracks with the buses as inputs, tadaa printed drums. I then Alt-clicked Kontakt as the input of the software instrument track in the mix window to bypass it. I now have multi tracked drums and a bypassed plug?