The Stupidly Small (and quick) Guide to Multi-mapping out SSD into Logic

G1

Dec 8, 2008
I managed to work this out today so i thought i'd share a quick guide with everyone thats struggled with it so far !

Here are the steps;

Load up a new software instrument track and select kontakt 3.
Then click the little " + " icon (this is next to the mute and solo buttons on logics mixer) 11 times, these will be replacing kontakts built in mixer.

The i/o should read "kontakt 3" in all the ins and output/stereo out for all the outs.

Load up any multi you wish, ive used the cracky metal multi for this quick demo.

click the conf button in the kontakt mixer
Screenshot2009-10-08at180214.png

all the ch number and plugin outs should correspond to the instrument like so;

Screenshot2009-10-08at180218.png

Screenshot2009-10-08at180222.png

You can find the menu for these options by clicking on the different channel outs which shall bring up a menu like this;
Screenshot2009-10-08at180227.png

you can also see the other options in the menu for all the other drum kit parts.

Go through all the other instruments until all the output channels are correct for each part of the kit.

Now its time to test! Load up a drum midi file and see if its worked!

I hope this works for everyone else :headbang:

-G

I could have sworn that if you clicked "Reset Output Map" it would accomplish the same thing, with no manual labor? (I don't have Logic in front of me right now to test though...)

Bobby

I could have sworn that if you clicked "Reset Output Map" it would accomplish the same thing, with no manual labor? (I don't have Logic in front of me right now to test though...)

Bobby

I did follow the guide that was writen with the new 3.5 manual update.
Just for some reason it didnt work for me until i delved into kontakt and sorted it myself :)