Logic bounce problem

Sep 1, 2001
Chicago
Visit site
Screenshot2012-04-21at74241PM.png

whats going on here? when i bounce a song in logic, the WAV file is good for the first 30 seconds or so and then it looks like that and clips. sounds like nothing. ive never had this problem before.. what could be going on?

EDIT: i should also note that bouncing mp3s is fine. its just WAVs. and i bounce it in offline mode. realtime mode also gives me problems.

it's strange though, because logic bounces the file first and then converts it to an mp3. i'm not sure but i think it bounces to an .aiff file first?

do you use normal bounce or off-line bounce? are you running low on system resources with the projects you're having problems with?

did you use any automation on the track? I haven't tried it to see if it happens but I often miss-click some automation that peaks full at a part without realising and I turn the fader down and it plays fine but as soon as you press enter and play it'll jump. maybe this is happening when it bounces. Make sure there isn't anything going on like that.

it's strange though, because logic bounces the file first and then converts it to an mp3. i'm not sure but i think it bounces to an .aiff file first?

do you use normal bounce or off-line bounce? are you running low on system resources with the projects you're having problems with?

I didnt even think about this. its even more strange now that bouncing it as an mp3 is fine and a WAV isnt. im bouncing in offline mode. but even in real time it gives me an error message half way through the bounce. i can play playback the track in the session with no problems.

did you use any automation on the track? I haven't tried it to see if it happens but I often miss-click some automation that peaks full at a part without realising and I turn the fader down and it plays fine but as soon as you press enter and play it'll jump. maybe this is happening when it bounces. Make sure there isn't anything going on like that.

Yea i use a bunch of automation but like i said, the mp3 version is fine as well as playback in the session.

Maybe the computer just needed a restart? im gonna try again next time im at that computer and let you guys know.

ok so i bounced it with no problems. my guess is that i was playing around in different sessions before i went and bounced this song. I had opened superior drummer and a couple other plugs that eat memory. so my guess is that the computer just needed to be restarted. Still strange though considering ive never run into this problem before.

Logic tends not to release Ram til you quit it. If you'd opened a few sessions prior then it'd start to add up.

Logic tends not to release Ram til you quit it. If you'd opened a few sessions prior then it'd start to add up.

i've noticed this too - i've had the message "there is not enough memory to continue working with this project - logic will now close" from opening a project after i've had another one open. i hope they'll change that in the next version. but i also hope i'll have a more powerful computer by then :lol:

this is true but i did close logic. i just didnt restart my computer. so apparently my computer wasnt releasing the ram. I notice it does this whenever i open a kontakt library or superior drummer or something. If you are loading it for the first time after starting up your computer, it will sit there and load the samples. If its after the first time, it loads up much quicker (like 2 seconds)