Logic: Cubase like drum programming

hogan666

Mar 7, 2006
Mannheim, Germany
www.liquid-artz.com
Just switched to mac a few weeks ago, which makes me smile the whole time. :)

Of course I gave Logic a try but it is so completely strange to me using Cubase for years. The thing that makes my head aching is programming drums.
In Cubase with its drummap feature things are so easy, but Logics Hyperedit doesn't suit me. Is there an easy we, to act like in cubase?

Cheers, Markus.

you can do that with the hyper editor though?

i actually prefer being able to load maps straight from the project file rather than having 88345684865 files with different extensions.

hyper editor is really cool for drums, i love being able to do hits and velocity with one click.

Ditto Ed, Logic has been awesome for me as far as programming drums and such. Just open up piano roll and well roll with it.

Ditto Ed, Logic has been awesome for me as far as programming drums and such. Just open up piano roll and well roll with it.

I usually edit in the piano roll as well.

but for programming, I prefer to slow down the tempo, and use a midi keyboard, taking multiple passes. first the hi hat, then the bass drum, then the snare, sometimes i do snr and bd together, then toms fills and stuff. its way easier for me.

I have trouble with the hyper editor. its hard for me to program beats, because I have to fuck around with the velocities too much, like clicking the top of the box, making sure you click the very top, or the very middle, whatever. its just hard to stay consistent enough to sound good. I guess I should practice more, but using a midi keyboard to perform the beats, then editing using piano roll works :)

I have trouble with the hyper editor. its hard for me to program beats, because I have to fuck around with the velocities too much, like clicking the top of the box, making sure you click the very top, or the very middle, whatever. its just hard to stay consistent enough to sound good. I guess I should practice more, but using a midi keyboard to perform the beats, then editing using piano roll works :)
do u use quantize to snap the data into the grid?

Just snag LE 4 for nothing (free) and program drums in that then export the midi into Logic.

That's what I do between pro tools, except I have studio 5.

I'm a Logic user too, and that's exactly what i do. Logic it's great, but the drummap editor in cubase rules!