Logic file import and Vocal

jaredistheman

Feb 16, 2010
Memphis, Tn
So i'm just full of questions as i'm trying to set up the projects in logic for a band im getting ready to record (my first real band to record so im a tad nervous).

So my two questions are, is there a way to import a bunch of audio into logic at once? The band recorded the drum tracks at a studio and i need to put them all in a project file but it's a little tedious importing them one by one, as that takes forever.

Secondly, i'm having trouble making the vocals sound full and wide like a lot a commercial recordings. Do you guys have any tips such a plug-ins or techniques? I'm trying a stereo spreader now and it's definitely helping, but they dont sound quite right.

Thanks!

Click "media" in the upper right hand corner of the screen>audio file>add audio file. After you add the files you will be able to drag and drop them on to tracks.

For wider vocals, double the vocals and pan them (maybe 50-60% depending on how wide you want it), the vocalist must be tight as hell though, if they can't double you can duplicate the take, then use auto tune on one of the tracks and that will change it enough that it will "sound" doubled, don't overdo it though if it changes the pitch too much it will sound odd

Yeah, unfortunately i'm working with logic pro 8 so i don't have the flex time capability, but it would be nice! Thanks for the tips guys!

Also, another quick question (as i didn't know if i should make a whole other topic for it). How do i set up logic to put in a 5ms fade in and out on every cut i make?

Select all the regions you want to fade,

In the inspector, double click the space to the right of the "Fade: Out:"

4.jpg

put in whatever value you want.

you can also click-drag on that same space to adjust the values.

Select all the regions you want to fade,

In the inspector, double click the space to the right of the "Fade: Out:"

4.jpg

put in whatever value you want.

you can also click-drag on that same space to adjust the values.

That's what i've been doing, i was just seeing if there was a way to have logic automatically do it every time i make a cut.