Logic Pro 8/Axe Fx 2 help needed

avrinder

May 25, 2009
Canada
www.myspace.com
Hey gang, got the AxeFx 2 few days ago. I'm loving the presets alone, and now I'm ready to try recording some jams (with, or without) my interface. Without the interface, I have the speakers working great.

In Logic, however with AXE FX2 AUDIO OUT I can't record anything. I have the drivers installed, and I have set my MAC SOUND audio preferences to IN AND OUT for the AxeFX. In Audio Midi Set-up, I see the options for both IN and OUT for the unit, but I can't change any parameters.

Also, I have the Profire 2626 interface that I would like to integrate with the unit. Any help before I get confused by trial and error?

thanks so much for reading.

-Avi

Did you answer your question regarding Profire integration? I use a II with Logic 9 and an Ensemble, had it more or less since release, if there's anything I can help with, you know where I am!

Slightly off topic but I have the same set up ensemble axe2 logic . So far I am using USB and my ensemble is reduced to monitoring duties . How are you using your axe 2 ? have you run it through the ensemble ? Any luck with in the mix re-amping ? Any other tips ?

At the moment I'm running it from the balanced xlr outs in to Channel 5 and 6 of the Ensemble to avoid the preamps. Those channels are set to +4 in Maestro. My patches are all mono, so I send the Axe II effected signal to the left out and a "DI" signal to the right for later re-amping if needed.

That's pretty much only down to starting this album when the Axe usb was sketchy as fuck on Mac, so for consistency we'll finish analogue and then see where it's at.

As of yet I've only tested the re-amping facility before In the mix was possible, no problems with that, but I'ma try something deeper soon.

USB sounds pretty good right now , curious to try it like you xlr and all just to see if there is any difference . I still don't get how to reamp 'in the mix' .... As I understand you need to set up an aggregate device ? If you figure out a good method please share and good luck with your recording .

I figured out going straight from the axe fx to logic pro bit. Not the profire way yet. When I get home, I'll def try these tips. Thanks a ton! I'll have to harass ya in the future hahah