lol--> "Hello I am new help me with ____"

You guys really can't stand it when someone is new and has absolutely no idea as to how to do things when it comes to recording, can you?

No, we love it. What's wrong is when people spend NO effort on finding answers that have already been given and take the lazy route of asking the same goddamn question as everyone else. There's TONS of information here, and it's a shame to see it wasted because people are too lazy to search.

Jeff

You guys really can't stand it when someone is new and has absolutely no idea as to how to do things when it comes to recording, can you?

Naw that's not it. It's when douchbags either won't take your advice, don't give enough detail, call the regulars "assholes" or the like, or don't bother to read or search out for anything. For serious if this is you then GTFO.

Newcomers are welcome in my book, in fact like Jeff and 006 I like helping when I can. :headbang: We were all new at some point. But for serious I never, nor would I ever enter a forum and call anyone a jerk, immature, or an asshole though. For anyone who does that you deserve to be flamed (as this thread so rightfully does). Read the (RTFM) manual and SEARCH are perfectly fine answers for something that has been beaten to death within these forums.

Besides this thread is sarcasm at it's best. Hence my second post in the thread.

No, we love it. What's wrong is when people spend NO effort on finding answers that have already been given and take the lazy route of asking the same goddamn question as everyone else. There's TONS of information here, and it's a shame to see it wasted because people are too lazy to search.

Jeff

Naw that's not it. It's when douchbags either won't take your advice, don't give enough detail, call the regulars "assholes" or the like, or don't bother to read or search out for anything. For serious if this is you then GTFO.

Newcomers are welcome in my book, in fact like Jeff and 006 I like helping when I can. :headbang: We were all new at some point. But for serious I never, nor would I ever enter a forum and call anyone a jerk, immature, or an asshole though. For anyone who does that you deserve to be flamed (as this thread so rightfully does). Read the (RTFM) manual and SEARCH are perfectly fine answers for something that has been beaten to death within these forums.

Besides this thread is sarcasm at it's best. Hence my second post in the thread.

Well said

hi im new here but ive been lurking for a while and i want your opinion on stuff just so i can bash your ideas and tell you how im doing it better, even though i dont know what DAW stands for im still more knowledgeable of all things to do with recording than you will ever be.:lol:

You guys will notice that I don't have a hell of a lot of posts under my belt. How many questions, much less dumb ones, have you heard me ask though? All these fucking slackers have to do is put in some research, whether it be on this board using the search function, on Tweakheads, on Google... whatever. But the problem with kids these days is that everything is "too much, too easy, too soon"... They want everyone to just hand them everything. Too many n00bs also don't understand the experimental side of this shit. They think, at first, that every STUPID question has an absolute answer. "What should the settings on my compressor be for vocals?" I've seen that question so many times, it makes my head spin. Fucking lazy stupid jackasses really make me want to vomit on someone. :puke:

hi im new here but ive been lurking for a while and i want your opinion on stuff just so i can bash your ideas and tell you how im doing it better, even though i dont know what DAW stands for im still more knowledgeable of all things to do with recording than you will ever be.:lol:

:lol: PERFECT!

"the problem with kids these days is that everything is "too much, too easy, too soon"... "

Hey, I'm only 17 and I don't ask loads of retarded questions (although I say lots of stupid stuff)

I know loads of the people who say stupid things without doing any work are my age, but I dont really think lumping all of us together is fair.

Joe :headbang:

Horus....dude you can sift through all the threads where I've replied to newbs, there's probably over 300 of them by now, and see that I have no problem with new people asking questions. But what you will also find in those threads is the person asking the question being very specific and you can tell he's done some research but didn't quite find exactly what he was trying to figure out. That's perfectly cool with me.

What's not cool, though, is exactly what we're all joking about right now. Signing up and saying you've been lurking around for a long time and bla bla...then asking the most retarded shit. It seems you don't understand what we're talking about here man, so stop trying to hint that we don't like new people...that's not it all. If a new person really did lurk around for a while they would know that we advocate the SEARCH and RTFM, and that the answer to their question could be found by searching. Do we care if it takes a while to find it in a search? No, because when we want to find something we do it too. How fucking hard is that? If they dismiss this forum because they have to go through a few pages of search results and get pissy, fuck them. We don't want them here anyway if they are like that.

~006

Horus....dude you can sift through all the threads where I've replied to newbs, there's probably over 300 of them by now, and see that I have no problem with new people asking questions. But what you will also find in those threads is the person asking the question being very specific and you can tell he's done some research but didn't quite find exactly what he was trying to figure out. That's perfectly cool with me.

What's not cool, though, is exactly what we're all joking about right now. Signing up and saying you've been lurking around for a long time and bla bla...then asking the most retarded shit. It seems you don't understand what we're talking about here man, so stop trying to hint that we don't like new people...that's not it all. If a new person really did lurk around for a while they would know that we advocate the SEARCH and RTFM, and that the answer to their question could be found by searching. Do we care if it takes a while to find it in a search? No, because when we want to find something we do it too. How fucking hard is that? If they dismiss this forum because they have to go through a few pages of search results and get pissy, fuck them. We don't want them here anyway if they are like that.

~006

Here here :kickass:

I might also add that there are many of us here that did not come by our knowledge by simply searching forums, but through years of practice and trial & error (and still learning new things all the time). So, is using the search function on this forum, or in worst cases...using Google (God bless Google!!)...to find the wealth of information that is archived here, really so difficult?? When I first found this forum by accident, I was so happy to have access to all this information, I spent about 2 weeks searching all the archive and making a text file "encyclopedia" of information that I still use as a reference. Most of the information you want is already there. If it's not, or you just can't seem to find it after searching...most of us around here are more than happy to help, or at least point you in the right direction. This is what makes this the best recording forum on the net. :headbang:

This is the EPIC idea of this thread.

:lol: I remember that guy.

Q: Help me with my tone.
A: Less gain.
Retort: Fuck that, that is stupid less gain? How dare you guys who have probably 60+ years combined experience tell me to use less gainz FU!!!!!

Hahaha , come on dude say it:

sixstringslayer

LOL That was the thread of all threads on this forum. :lol:

...My tone sucks because I bought a XXX, not knowing anything about them, only what I've heard people say. I already know more than you and I'm not willing to listen to your advice. And I already know nothing beats the sound of a 5150, but since I'm spoiled and I've got money to blow, I bought this other amp instead, and now I just want to whine and bitch about it and insult everyone that tries to offer me help and constructive criticism...

One of the best threads of all time.