LOL @ Taake

Dark One can probably add more to this, but from what I recall, the last time Wacken had a band that had Nazi ties, they had a lot of problems in the campgrounds. I suspect the festivals are concerned about this more from a security/insurance perspective.

I personally don't have an issue with him doing what he did. However, I also don't have a problem with the festivals deciding they no longer want Taake on the bill. Free speech is a two-way street.

Zod

Few comments here:

1. How childish is the Taake guy? I mean, grow the fuck up. "Oh my god, I#m so fucking evil, I like totally painted myself with a swastika! Tomorow its the purple nail polish and a hitler mustache"

2. Its illegal here, he should consider himself damn lucky he wasn't arrested.

3. They tried (almost succeded) sending some dude to prison for making ANTI nazi slogans that had the swastika in them.

4. Everyone did overreact, I mean, maybe he was trying to be hindi... however its quite obvious what he meant.

5. Zod probably nailed it on the festivals.

6. Right wing extremism (nazis) is on the rise again, so of course they're going to make a big deal about it. You do realize that the "state" of Berlin has 1 member of the "nazi" party in a seat right? This isn't so "boohoo history" crap, this is real modern bullshit.

7. I don't agree with either side. Germany needs to trivialize the symbols to take away their power. Humanity needs to stop acting like 3 year olds with all the nazi/jew/holocaust jokes. Both sides are fucking retarded.

8. Blow me, (w)Retched in Acai

It's total double whammy for this Taake guy.

If he apologized for other people getting into trouble, but doesn't necesarily denounce the use of nazi symbols, then of course he's going to get into trouble since Germans have declared it illegal. Say goodbye to festival circuits and labels / distros, etc etc. It is a big deal in Germany even if you live in the middle of nowhere USA and can't comprehend just how big of a deal it is

If he does denounce the symbols, and says he was just using them to spark a reaction and he's not really making a nazi political statement, and he was just playing pretend, then it makes him look foolish and proves it was all just a gimmick and that he's not truly grim and eeeevilll!!!

I suspect it's more of the latter just because he's going round telling everyone that Taake isn't a "nazi political outfit"....just sounds like he did something and it backfired on him big time

oh well, life goes on

is it true that the use of certain runes are illegal in germany? if that's the case, then i'm totally fucked because i have a mannaz on my left hand.

is it true that the use of certain runes are illegal in germany? if that's the case, then i'm totally fucked because i have a mannaz on my left hand.

No clue. I just know about the obvious swastika laws... so you're fucked if you have the Sanskrit symbol for "well-being" on your hand. Otherwise, I think you're ok, especially since you're not german and nobody else will likely have a clue about that stuff either.

for a laugh: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika,_Ontario

yeah. fuck those pussy faggots.
Im really tempted to order this shirt from the odinic-rite.
HNHSwastikaFylfot.gif

thing is, I don't even get that shirt

How is the swastika related to euro-centric heritage (if that's what it's suggesting)? Before Hitler took it, it was purely a hindu symbol right? So what heritage is anyone talking about other than nazi germany 1940s? You know, the folks that Americans fought against

The swastika or variants thereof have actually been in use by numerous disassociated cultures for thousands years before Hitler, not just the Hindus.

Jackass.

MajestikMøøse;6012290 said:
The swastika or variants thereof have actually been in use by numerous disassociated cultures for thousands years before Hitler, not just the Hindus.

Yeah, I do know that actually. Some people associate it with only a few of those, but everyone knows it's been hijacked as a nazi emblem. So I'm not sure what purpose there is to wear it other than to provoke.

er.....no yuo?

yeah. fuck those pussy faggots.
Im really tempted to order this shirt from the odinic-rite.
HNHSwastikaFylfot.gif

Don't buy that dude, you seriously have no idea what you're getting yourself into. Plus, wearing that is like wearing a shirt that says "GAY AND PROUD". If it's such a personal issue to you, then why make it public on a t-shirt.